BLT STUFFED CHERRY TOMATOES — Cherry tomatoes are stuffed with a mixture of crispy bacon, mayonnaise, fresh veggies and Parmesan cheese in these adorable little appetizers.
If you really want to impress guests at your next party or get-together, whip up a batch of these adorable BLT Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes and get ready to bask in the compliments.
I’m a huge fan of any food that tastes like a BLT, not to mention any food that comes in a cute little package, so these savory stuffed cherry tomatoes are right up my alley.
They were pretty popular with my family too! I made them for a holiday appetizer tray last year, and my husband ate half of them before any of the guests arrived.
Okay, I might have sampled a few myself, but he ate almost half of them single handedly.
And I can’t say I blame him. What’s not to like about a tomato stuffed with a delicious mixture of bacon, green onions, mayo and Parmesan cheese. Plus some finely diced peppers for added crunch.
A couple of tips for stuffing your tiny tomatoes: first, use the smallest spoon you can find. I find a small measuring spoon works really well–both for scooping out the tomato pulp, and also for stuffing the tomatoes.
And don’t skip the step where you allow the tomatoes to drain on paper towels. The finished tomatoes will hold up much better if you drain most of the liquid before stuffing.
If you’d like your tomatoes to stand up tall and pretty on your serving platter, slice a very tiny bit off the bottom so they sit flat. Otherwise they tend to roll around on the plate.
If you want to do some prep work ahead of time, you can mix up the filling a few hours early, then stuff the tomatoes closer to serving time. And if you don’t want to mess around with cherry tomatoes, stuff larger tomatoes for an amazing salad or side dish instead.
No matter how you serve them up, these BLT Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes are an easy but elegant appetizer that’s sure to impress.
Be sure to save this recipe for BLT Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make BLT Stuffed Cherry Tomatoes
- Produce: cherry tomatoes, red bell peppers, green onions, fresh parsley
- Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 (10 oz.) packages cherry tomatoes
- 6 slices bacon, cooked crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely diced red pepper
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each tomato. Scoop out the pulp and discard. Invert the tomatoes onto a paper towel and allow to drain for about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine the bacon, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, red pepper, green onion, parsley, and salt and pepper.
- Generously stuff each tomato with the bacon filling. Cover and refrigerator for at least one hour (and up to three hours) before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 96Total Fat: 9gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 10mgSodium: 198mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home