SHEET PAN GNOCCHI AND TOMATOES — This restaurant quality meal takes about five minutes to prepare, and is on the table in 30 minutes. Sure to become a family favorite!
This amazingly easy recipe for Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Tomatoes is my go-to dinner when I’m not in the mood to cook, but I want to serve my family a hearty, satisfying meal.
Not only is this dish amazingly easy, it’s amazingly delicious. My family devours it, and everyone always goes back for seconds.
If I’m very, very lucky, there will be a small serving of leftovers for me to enjoy for lunch the next day. To say this pasta dish is a family favorite is a huge understatement.
And the best part is, this is literally one of the easiest meals you will ever make. You toss a handful of ingredients together, spread them onto a sheet pan, bake for 25 minutes, and dinner is served!
I keep all of the ingredients–except for the cherry tomatoes–on hand in my pantry or freezer, so I can throw this simple sheet pan meal together at a moment’s notice.
I’ve always kept a few packages of vacuum packed gnocchi in my pantry because it’s so versatile and cooks up in minutes. But this is hands-down my favorite way to prepare it.
When it’s tossed with olive oil, pesto and Parmesan cheese, then baked at a high temperature, it comes out a bit crispy on the outside, and soft and tender on the inside.
The tomatoes add a burst of color and flavor, and for those who don’t care for tomatoes, they’re easy to eat around. Not that anyone at my house does that.
Of course, I throw on some extra grated Parmesan for garnish, along with a sprinkling of fresh basil if I have some handy. Then I put this pasta on the table and watch dinner disappear.
There’s nothing I love more than a dish that’s both easy and elegant, and this Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Tomatoes is one of my all-time favorites!
Be sure to save this Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Tomatoes recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Sheet Pan Gnocchi and Tomatoes
- Produce: grape tomatoes, fresh basil
- Olive oil
- Prepared basil pesto
- Spices: Italian seasoning, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 (16 oz.) packages vacuum packed gnocchi
- 2 cups grape tomatoes
- 1/2 cup basil pesto
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Pinch of red pepper flakes
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh basil, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Brush a large sheet pan with olive oil.
- In a large bowl, toss together gnocchi, tomatoes, pesto, Parmesan cheese, Italian seasoning, red pepper flakes, and salt and pepper until combined.
- Spread gnocchi mixture in an even layer on the prepared sheet pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes, stirring once halfway through baking time, until gnocchi is golden brown and tender.
- Serve immediately, topped with additional Parmesan cheese and fresh basil, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 612Total Fat: 61gSaturated Fat: 10gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 48gCholesterol: 18mgSodium: 311mgCarbohydrates: 13gFiber: 1gSugar: 2gProtein: 6g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Everyday Dinners