CHOCOLATE CARAMEL CRUNCH BARS — Layers of buttery crackers and caramel, topped of with a combination of peanut butter, chocolate and butterscotch. These bars are absolutely heavenly!
Wow! When I came across the recipe for these Chocolate Caramel Crunch Bars I had a feeling they would be good. I had no idea how good.
Layers of buttery Club Crackers, sandwiched with a graham cracker caramel mixture, and topped of with a chocolate butterscotch layer. Heavenly!
These chocolate caramel bars remind me very much of a Twix bar, with a hint of butterscotch and peanut butter flavor.
On tip: when you’re making the caramel/graham cracker crumb mixture, you’ll want to start timing your 5 minutes of boiling when you see the very first bubbles. And you really do need to stir constantly, as it’s a pretty sticky mixture.
I definitely recommend lining your pan with foil or parchment paper too. It makes it so much easier to lift the bars from the pan and cut them into squares.
These tasty treats are quite literally one of the yummiest things I’ve ever made! And they were so easy. You don’t even have to turn on the oven! You don’t need a candy thermometer either.
The hardest part is waiting for these bars to set so you can dig in. Patience really isn’t my forte. But I implore you to wait, because the bars are so much easier to cut and serve if you do.
My family clearly agreed. I finally had to hide some away for myself because they would not stop eating them! And if you take these crunch bars anywhere, be prepared to share the recipe.
The combination of slightly salty, buttery crackers with the caramel filling and chocolate/peanut butter topping really is incredible. These bars are definitely a must make!
Be sure to save this recipe for Chocolate Caramel Crunch Bars to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chocolate Caramel Crunch Bars
- Club crackers
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Brown sugar
- Peanut butter
- Chocolate chips
- Butterscotch chips
- 80 Club crackers
- 1 cup butter
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/3 cup white sugar
- 2/3 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butterscotch chips
- Line a 9x13 inch baking pan with foil, leaving an overhang to help remove bars. Lightly spray the foil with nonstick cooking spray.
- Line the foil with one layer of Club crackers.
- In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Add the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, milk and white sugar. Bring to a boil and boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and pour half of the mixture over the crackers, spreading evenly to cover crackers.
- Place another single layer of crackers evenly over the butter mixture.
- Spread remaining butter mixture evenly over crackers. Top with remaining crackers.
- In a medium saucepan, combine peanut butter, chocolate chips and butterscotch chips. Melt over medium low heat, stirring constantly, until smooth.
- Spread peanut butter chocolate mixture evenly over top layer of crackers.
- Cover and chill for at least 1 hour.
- Remove from pan (using foil overhang) and cut into bars. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.
Total time does not include refrigeration.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished it Up First: Adapted from Twirl and Taste.
Last Updated on 2019-03-23 by Danelle