CHOCOLATE CARAMEL PEANUT CLUSTERS — Caramel and lightly salted peanuts are combined then dipped in chocolate in these easy to make, sweet and salty treats.
There’s nothing I love more than caramel covered in chocolate. Unless you add some salty nuts into the mix, then I’m a goner! Which makes these Chocolate Caramel Peanut Clusters one of my favorite things ever!
As if these decadent chocolate treats weren’t dangerous enough, they’re so easy to make. Which means I have to ask my husband to hide them from me, or I’ll be in big trouble!
All you do, more or less, is melt some caramel, stir in some peanuts, then cover it all in melted chocolate.
Your caramel and peanut mixture does need to spend a little time in the freezer, which makes patience the biggest skill you need to make these delectable candies.
Well, that and will-power. But that’s more of a skill you’ll need after you’re done with the recipe.
If you’re wondering whether you can use different kinds of nuts, the answer is yes. I highly recommend cashews.
But honestly, the peanut version is my favorite. Pecans are great too, especially if you’re a fan of turtle candy.
You can also use different kind of chocolate, including white chocolate for a fun variation. And I like to drizzle any extra chocolate I have over the finished peanut clusters for a more “professional” look.
I have successfully made these several weeks in advance and frozen them for holiday cookie trays. Putting them in the freezer also keeps me from eating them all in a 24 hour time period.
If you’re looking for an easy but irresistible chocolate and caramel candy to make this holiday season, look no further than these Chocolate Caramel Peanut Clusters. You can thank me later!
Be sure to save this recipe for Chocolate Caramel Peanut Clusters to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chocolate Caramel Peanut Clusters
- Heavy cream
- 60 caramels, unwrapped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups lightly salted peanuts
- 24 ounces chocolate
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- Place caramels, butter and cream in a large microwavable bowl and microwave for 1 minute increments at 50% power, stirring occasionally, until melted and smooth. Stir in vanilla and peanuts.
- Let mixture cool to room temperature, then drop by heaping tablespoons onto prepared pans. Place pans in freezer for 20-30 minutes, or until set.
- Meanwhile, melt chocolate in the microwave at 50% power in one minute increments, stirring after each minute, until melted and smooth.
- Dip caramel clusters into melted chocolate, tapping off excess chocolate, then return to the parchment lined baking sheets to set. Store in an airtight container.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 32 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 272 Total Fat: 16g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 7g Cholesterol: 12mg Sodium: 117mg Carbohydrates: 30g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 24g Protein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from 12 Tomatoes