CHOCOLATE CREAM BUNDT CAKE — This rich, moist chocolate bundt cake has a swirl of sweetened cream cheese throughout, plus a decadent cream cheese icing on top. It’s like two delicious desserts in one.
I was so excited by how this cake turned out–like something from one of those fancy cake shops, if I do say so myself. And it’s tastes as good as it looks!
Speaking of entertaining, this cake would be perfect for just about any holiday, birthday or other special occasion. And yes, I’m already dreaming up other flavors. I think Red Velvet will be next!
The chocolate portion of this cake was already moist and delicious, and the sweetened cream cheese swirl put it over the top. Plus a cream cheese frosting and a chocolate drizzle! What’s not to love about that?
The biggest trick to making a bundt cake is successfully removing it from the pan when it’s done baking.
I’ve found the best way to do this is to use a generous coating of Baker’s Joy cooking spray. It’s a simple way to grease and flour your pan at the same time.
But you can always grease and flour your pan the traditional way to. I find bundt cakes are easiest to remove after a 10-15 minute cooling period. I just love that satisfying thud when the cake releases from the pan onto my plate or platter.
This cake is sure to become a tradition at many celebrations at our house. My family couldn’t stop raving about it.
If you’re looking for an easy dessert to impress your friends and family, you’ve got to make this Chocolate Cream Bundt Cake! This recipe is definitely a keeper!
Be sure to save this Chocolate Cream Bundt Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chocolate Cream Bundt Cake
- Cream cheese
- Chocolate cake mix
- Vegetable oil
- Chocolate chips
- Cream cheese
For the cream cheese filling
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup granulated
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 egg
For the cake
- 1 box dark chocolate cake mix
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
For the topping
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips, plus more for garnish
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and four a 10-12 cup bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, beat ingredients for cream cheese filling until smooth. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, with an electric mixer on medium speed, combine the cake mix, flour, water, vegetable oil, eggs and sour cream. Fold in the chocolate chips. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
- Spoon cream cheese filling over batter, keeping it away from edge of pan. Run table knife through batter in large zigzag pattern once around the pan.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of cake comes out clean. Cool for 10-15 minutes in the pan before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile make the topping. In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese and milk. Mix in powdered sugar until smooth. Spoon over cake.
- In a small microwave safe bowl, heat whipping cream on high for about 30 seconds or until it just begins to simmer. Add the mini chocolate chips and whisk until smooth. Drizzle chocolate over cream cheese frosting. Sprinkle with additional chocolate chips, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 296Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 65mgSodium: 99mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 1gSugar: 19gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Tablespoon