COOKIES AND CREAM SHEET CAKE — This easy to make sheet cake starts with a white cake mix. Add crushed Oreo cookies and a creamy vanilla frosting and you have a delicious dessert that’s perfect for taking to potlucks and sharing with friends.
If you’re a fan of Oreo Cookies (or even if you aren’t) I think you’re going to love this Cookies and Cream Sheet Cake!
It starts with a white cake mix (I’m a big fan of shortcuts in the kitchen!). Along with the usual cake mix ingredients called for on the box, you’ll need a bit of sour cream, and some Oreos, of course!
Pro tip: If you want your cake to turn out nice and white, be sure to follow the egg white instructions on the cake mix box! Any white cake mix should work just fine, so go ahead and use your favorite brand.
I know not everyone is a fan of the frosting that comes in a tub, but when you add whipped cream and a sprinkling of crushed Oreo cookies, no one will suspect a thing.
The beauty of this recipe is that, thanks to all the shortcuts, you can have a delicious cake ready to serve with minimal effort! Naturally it could all be done from scratch too, with a good white cake recipe and a homemade cream cheese frosting.
But sometimes, when the craving for cookies and cream strikes, you need to whip something up in a hurry. And this cake recipe definitely fits the bill.
This Cookies and Cream Sheet Cake disappeared quickly at my house, and it’s easy enough that my boys can prepare it on their own, which is always a bonus. If you’re looking for an easy, crowd-pleasing cake recipe, this one is a must try!
Be sure to save this Cookies and Cream Sheet Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cookies and Cream Sheet Cake
- White cake mix plus eggs, oil and water called for on box
- Sour cream
- Oreo cookies
- Prepared vanilla frosting
- Frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip)
For the cake
- 1 box white cake mix plus water, oil and eggs called for on box
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 12 Oreo cookies, finely crushed
For the frosting
- 1 (16 oz.) tub prepared vanilla frosting
- 1 1/2 cups frozen whipped topping (Cool Whip), thawed
- 16 Oreo cookies, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease a 15x10x1 inch baking pan.
- With an electric mixer, prepare cake mix according to package directions. Mix in sour cream and crushed Oreo cookies.
- Pour cake batter into prepared pan. Bake for 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, stir frosting and Cool Whip together in a medium bowl. Frost cooled cake and top with chopped Oreo cookies.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 112 Total Fat: 6g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 11mg Sodium: 73mg Carbohydrates: 14g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 9g Protein: 1g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Zucchini Banana Snack Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
This moist and delicious snack cake is loaded with bananas and zucchini, and topped off with a cinnamon cream cheese frosting.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Tablespoon