CRANBERRY ORANGE COOKIES — Cranberry and orange come together in this soft and chewy holiday drop cookie.
Every holiday season I try several new cookie recipes. Most of them are tasty, but only a select few go into the permanent recipe file with favorites like Four Spice Crackles and Rolo Cookies. These Cranberry Orange Cookies are a definite keeper!
These cookies are amazing! Nice refreshing taste. They definitely made my Christmas Cookie list. ~ Gayle
My family couldn’t stop raving about these cookies, and neither could the friends we shared them with. And I love that they’re so easy to make.
Who says a simple drop cookie can’t be the star of your holiday cookie tray? These cookies also freeze well, which is a big plus if you like to get a head start on your holiday baking.
I also love that these cookies don’t require any special extracts or flavorings–just regular orange juice and zest. Sometimes, the simplest recipes are the best.
Made these cookies to take along to Thanksgiving dinner at a dear friends house. They were a hit. These are now one of my favorite cookies. Super easy to make as well. ~ Jennifer
Don’t skip the glaze! It only takes a minute to whip up and adds so much to the overall flavor and presentation.
I know I’ll be making these soft, sweet Cranberry Orange Cookies for years to come.
Be sure to save this recipe for Cranberry Orange Cookies to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cranberry Orange Cookies
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Baking powder
- Dried cranberries
- Powdered sugar
For the cookies:
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 tablespoon grated orange zest
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
For the glaze:
- 1 teaspoon grated orange zest
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- With an electric mixer, cream together the butter and sugars until smooth. Add the egg and vanilla and beat until well blended.
- Stir in 1 tablespoon of orange zest and 2 tablespoons orange juice.
- In a medium bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture. Stir in cranberries and pecans, if using.
- Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes, until the edges are just golden. Remove from cookie sheets to cool on wire racks.
- In a small bowl, stir together ingredients for glaze until smooth. Drizzle over cooled cookies. Let stand until set.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 5gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 169mgCarbohydrates: 46gFiber: 1gSugar: 31gProtein: 3g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes.