CRESCENT ROLL PIZZA CASSEROLE — A savory ground beef and tomato mixture is topped with shredded cheese and sandwiched between two layers of flaky croissant dough. Total comfort food!
If you’re looking for a crowd pleasing casserole the whole family will love, look no further than this Crescent Roll Pizza Casserole.
My son’s friend Isaac, who loves to cook, emailed me this recipe a few months ago. I knew it was going to be good, and I made it for dinner almost immediately. We were not disappointed!
I mean, look at all that melted cheese. And crescent rolls from a can…..they are the reason I will never be a food snob. This is the kind of comfort food my mom used to make, and we all loved it.
With the Italian spices and Sloppy Joe seasoning mix, you really do get the flavors of pizza in this dish. And who doesn’t love a savory, cheesy pizza?
Plus, this is so easy to make, and it feeds a small army. Or a houseful of hungry teen boys and twenty-somethings. But if we’re being honest, I might have eaten more of this than my kids.
The original recipe called for refrigerated crescent rolls, but if you can find the crescent roll sheets, it’s a bit quicker and easier to put this casserole together.
But you can absolutely use the regular crescent rolls. Just be sure to press all of the seems together when you assemble the casserole.
This dish would be perfect to take a long to a potluck, but if you aren’t feeding a crowd, you could easily half the recipe. And although I haven’t tried it, I’m sure it would freeze well too.
And if you want even more pizza flavor, try subbing Italian sausage for half of the ground beef. I finished off the top layer of dough with some melted butter, Parmesan cheese and garlic salt, and it made this dish even more amazing!
This Crescent Roll Pizza Casserole will definitely be on repeat at my house, especially when all my boys are home and I need to make something hearty and comforting. Thanks for the great recipe Isaac!
Be sure to save this Crescent Roll Pizza Casserole recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Crescent Roll Pizza Casserole
- Refrigerated crescent roll dough
- Tomato sauce
- Sloppy Joe mix
- Spices: Italian seasoning, garlic salt, salt and pepper
- Produce: garlic, onions
- Ground beef
- Shredded cheese
- 2 packages crescent roll sheets
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (15 oz.) can tomato sauce
- 1 package Sloppy Joe seasoning mix
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese (2 cups)
- 8 ounces shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1-2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Press one crescent roll sheet into the bottom of a lightly greased 9x13 inch baking pan. Bake for about 10 minutes, or until just golden.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion and garlic and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add ground beef and cook until no longer pink. Drain if necessary.
- Stir tomato sauce, Sloppy Joe seasoning, and Italian seasoning into ground beef mixture. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread the ground beef mixture over the pre-baked crescent roll crust. Top with the shredded cheese, then the second crescent roll sheet.
- Brush the top crescent roll sheet with melted butter, then sprinkle with garlic salt and Parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes, or until golden brown.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 420Total Fat: 28gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 113mgSodium: 647mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 32g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Isaac