CUCUMBER TEA SANDWICHES — Herbed cream cheese is layered with thinly sliced cucumbers in these beautiful little sandwiches that are perfect for any special occasion, including Easter and Mother’s Day.
I recently hosted a Little Women Movie Night for a big group of friends, complete with period food and decor, and these Cucumber Tea Sandwiches were a must on the party menu!
These dainty little sandwiches, made with just a few simple ingredients, are a classic appetizer that is perfect for any lady-like occasion, such as an Easter or Mother’s Day brunch. Or a movie night with girlfriends.
Although it may surprise you to learn that the biggest fan of these cucumber sandwiches was my husband! He ate so many I was afraid there wouldn’t be enough left for the party.
These sandwiches are a perfect vegetarian option for entertaining too–although they are loved by everyone who tries them.
And they’re so pretty, and refreshing to eat. You really can’t go wrong serving these cool, savory morsels, no matter what the occasion.
Pepperidge Farm Very Thin Sandwich Bread is definitely the best option for making these tea sandwiches. Of course, any kind of sliced bread will work, but for the prettiest, tastiest cucumber sandwiches, I do recommend something that’s sliced thin.
Thinly sliced cucumbers are also a must in these sandwiches. You can slice by hand, but this is one of those times when a mandolin comes in really handy.
You’ll be able to slice an entire cucumber in no time. Just be careful of that sharp blade! Of course, whether you cut your sandwiches into triangles or squares is entirely up to you.
Fresh dill, chives and parsley are my favorite herbs to use in this recipe, but feel free to adjust and substitute whatever you have on hand. I find these taste best when served the day they’re made, although you can get away with making them one day ahead.
These easy-to-make Cucumber Tea Sandwiches are so tasty, and they’re the perfect thing to make when you’re entertaining and want to serve something classy and elegant.
Be sure to save this recipe for Cucumber Tea Sandwiches to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cucumber Tea Sandwiches
- Thinly sliced bread
- Produce: English cucumbers, fresh herbs, lemons
- Cream cheese
- Spices: garlic powder, salt and pepper
- 1 loaf thinly sliced sandwich bread (about 16 slices)
- 1 English cucumber
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh herbs (dill, chives, parsley, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Thinly slice the cucumber using a mandolin or very sharp knife. Place the slices on a paper towel lined baking sheet and pat dry with additional paper towels.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese, mayonnaise, herbs, lemon juice, garlic powder, and salt and pepper, to taste.
- Spread 1-2 tablespoons of the cream cheese mixture over 16 slices of bread. Layer the cucumber slices over half of the bread slices, then top with the remaining bread slices, cream cheese side down.
- With a serrated knife, cut the sandwiches into quarters. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 208Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 16mgSodium: 323mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 3gProtein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Belly Full