DEEP DISH FRUIT PIZZA — With a thick sugar cookie crust, a layer of sweetened cream cheese, and lots of fresh glazed berries, this fruit pizza is the perfect summer dessert.
If you’re looking for the ultimate dessert to celebrate the end of summer, look no further than this beautiful, decadent Deep Dish Fruit Pizza.
We recently had a neighborhood potluck and one of the neighbors brought an amazing fruit pizza. I’d kind of forgotten how delicious fruit pizza could be, but her version definitely inspired me.
First of all, she made the crust thick and soft, and baked it in a jelly roll pan, so it was sturdy, and easy to cut into bars that could be eaten with one hand.
Second, she glazed her fruit pizza with a tart-style glaze, which made it look absolutely stunning. I typically don’t glaze fruit pizzas, but that simple extra step made a huge difference.
I guess you could probably call this a fruit tart if you wanted to, but pizza just sounds so much more relaxed and fun. Perfect for a backyard potluck with friends.
Honestly, this dessert is so simply to make, but so impressive, it’s become my go-to recipe when I’m asked to bring something to a summer gathering.
You can absolutely use different fruit–chopped kiwi, pineapple, a can of well-drained Mandarin oranges. They’ll all look beautiful and taste delicious.
The truth is, I like using berries because I’m lazy, and the only thing I have to chop or slice is the strawberries. But feel free to add whatever fruit sound good to you.
And really, don’t skip the glaze! It uses two ingredients and takes about five minutes to prepare. Okay, you do need to let it cool too, but is so easy and makes your fruit pizza look so pretty.
No matter the occasion, you really can’t go wrong making this Deep Dish Fruit Pizza before summer is officially over.
Be sure to save this Deep Dish Fruit Pizza recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Deep Dish Fruit Pizza
- Stand Mixer
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Jelly Roll Pan
- Pastry Brush
- As an Amazon Associate I earn from qualifying purchases
- Baking soda
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
- Fresh fruit
For the crust
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 1//2 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
For the cream cheese layer
- 12 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
For the fruit topping and glaze
- 4 cups assorted fresh berries or chopped fresh fruit
- 1 cup jam
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar together with an electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Blend in vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, salt, and baking soda. Add to butter/sugar mixture and stir until combined.
- Spread dough onto a lightly greased jelly roll pan. Bake for about 10 minutes, until light golden brown. Do not overbake. Cool completely.
- Meanwhile, prepare the cream cheese layer by beating the cream cheese and powdered sugar with an electric mixer until smooth. Stir in the vanilla. Add the cream gradually until frosting reaches desired consistency for spreading.
- In a medium saucepan, whisk together the jam and 2 tablespoons of water. Heat over medium heat, stirring frequently, until jam mixture is smooth. Add more water as needed. Cool completely.
- Spread the cream cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Arrange the fruit over the cream cheese. Brush the fruit with the cooled jam mixture to glaze. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 440Total Fat: 19gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 83mgSodium: 287mgCarbohydrates: 63gFiber: 3gSugar: 46gProtein: 5g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe