EASIEST CREME BRULEE — Made with simple pantry staples, this elegant but easy dessert is a classic. And with this no-fail recipe, you can make creamy, delicious crème brulee at home any time.
Crème Brulee is hands down my favorite dessert, and this Easiest Crème Brulee is my favorite recipe to use when I’m making crème brulee at home.
Everyone in my family knows that I’m crazy about crème brulee. In fact, sometimes when we’re eating out, I’ll choose a restaurant based solely on whether or not they serve crème brulee.
I have tried many, many recipes for this creamy, custard-like dessert over the years. Many require steps like scraping out vanilla beans, or straining the custard before baking it.
All of those recipes have turned out delicious, but none have been as easy as this one–no straining or scraping required.
I have made this version of crème brulee so many times, and it has never failed me. My husband and kids have even made it, with no supervision from me, for special occasions like my birthday or Mother’s Day.
While you will need a kitchen torch for this recipe, the dish itself only requires four ingredients–sugar, cream, eggs and vanilla.
And yes, it is absolutely worth owning a kitchen torch just to make crème brulee! However, if you’re not quite ready to purchase a torch, you can caramelize your crème brulee using the broil setting on your oven.
But let’s be honest, using a blow torch is so much more satisfying and fun!
This crème brulee has become my go-to dessert for most holidays and special occasions. The custard portion can be made a day or two in advance. When it’s time to serve, just caramelize the top and dessert is served.
If you’ve always been intimidated by the idea of making crème brulee at home, give this Easiest Creme Brulee a try. You won’t be disappointed!
Be sure to save this Easiest Creme Brulee recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easiest Creme Brulee
- Heavy cream
- 10 tablespoons granulated sugar, divided
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 6 egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Set 4 ramekins in a 9x13 inch baking dish.
- In a microwave safe bowl, whisk together 6 tablespoons of sugar with the cream. Heat in microwave until warm, about 2 minutes, then whisk again until sugar is dissolved.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together egg yolks and vanilla. Gradually whisk egg mixture into the cream mixture until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared ramekins. Pour in enough hot water to reach halfway up the sides of the ramekins.
- Carefully place the pan in the preheated oven and bake until crème brulee is set but still slightly jiggly in the center, 40-50 minutes, depending on the size of your ramekins.
- Remove ramekins from hot water and refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of sugar evenly over each crème brulee, then use a kitchen torch to melt the sugar until brown and bubbly. Serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 611Total Fat: 50gSaturated Fat: 30gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 17gCholesterol: 411mgSodium: 45mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 0gSugar: 35gProtein: 7g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes