EASY CHOCOLATE ORANGE TRUFFLES — Dark chocolate and orange oil combine in these rich decadent truffles. With only four ingredients, you won’t believe how easy they are to make!
I love the flavors of orange and chocolate any time of year, but especially during the holiday season. And these Easy Chocolate Orange Truffles are one of my favorite candies to make during the holidays.
If you’ve never made chocolate truffles before, you’re not going to believe how easy it is. Plus, there are so many ways to change the flavors of your truffles, they’re destined to quickly become a holiday tradition.
To make these tasty chocolate morsels, all you need is chocolate (of course), heavy whipping cream and orange extract or orange oil. Plus some sugar for rolling the finished truffles in.
Yes, you can go all out and dip your truffles in chocolate, but I find that just compliments things, so I prefer to roll mine in sugar, cocoa or even chocolate sprinkles.
Want to change the flavor of your truffles? Just change the flavor of your oil or extract. Or use vanilla for a plain chocolate truffle.
Same goes for your chocolate–you can use milk, semi-sweet or dark, or even a combination, depending on your preference. I most often go with dark chocolate when making flavored truffles like orange or raspberry.
One important note: if you use extract, it’s not as concentrated, so you’ll need to use more (about a teaspoon). If you’re using oil (the kind of flavoring use in making hard candy) you’ll only need a 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon, because it’s much more potent.
These chocolate orange truffles are a holiday favorite at my house. And they’re perfect for holiday gift giving too.
Everyone is always impressed with homemade chocolate, and they never have to know how easy these truffles are to make.
Be sure to save this recipe for Easy Chocolate Orange Truffles to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Chocolate Orange Truffles
- Dark chocolate
- Heavy cream
- Orange oil or extract
- Sugar or cocoa, for rolling truffles
- 1 (10 oz.) bag dark chocolate chips
- 2/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon orange oil or 1 teaspoon orange extract
- Sugar or cocoa, for rolling finished truffles in
- In a microwave proof bowl, melt chocolate at 50% power, stirring occasionally, until smooth.
- Whisk in heavy cream and continue whisking until mixture is shiny and smooth. Stir in orange flavoring.
- Cool mixture to room temperature, then refrigerate until firm but still pliable, like fudge. Shape into balls. (If mixture is to hard to roll into balls, let it stand at room temperature until you are able to roll it). Roll truffles in sugar or cocoa. Store in an airtight container at room temperature.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 42 Total Fat: 4g Saturated Fat: 2g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 1g Cholesterol: 8mg Sodium: 3mg Carbohydrates: 2g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Protein: 0g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of Home