DULCE DE LECHE BROWNIES — Rich and gooey chocolate brownies are swirled with dulce de leche caramel in this decadent dessert. Plan to get lots of requests for the recipe!
Most of the specialty brownie recipes I’ve tried don’t end up being any better than a good old chocolate brownie. But these Dulce de Leche Brownies are exceptional! Really exceptional.
I might even like these brownies more than my favorite, tried and true brownie recipe. And that’s really saying something, because I love my tried and true brownie recipe.
Best of all, these decadent, caramel swirled brownies don’t require much more effort than a regular brownie. In fact, they are easier to make than a lot of brownie recipes I’ve seen.
You’ll usually find canned dulce de leche in the baking aisle near the sweetened condensed milk, but if you really want to go all out, you can even make your own dulce de leche.
Be sure to save this recipe for Dulce de Leche Brownies to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Dulce de Leche Brownies
- Semi-sweet chocolate
- Cocoa powder
- Chopped nuts (optional)
- Dulce de leche
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 6 ounces semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup toasted pecans or walnuts, coarsely chopped (optional)
- 1 cup Dulce de Leche
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 8-inch square baking dish with foil. Spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small saucepan melt the butter. Add the semi-sweet chocolate, stirring constantly over low heat until the chocolate is melted.
- Remove from heat and whisk in the cocoa powder until smooth.
- Add eggs one at a time, then stir in the sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Stir in the flour, then the nuts, if using.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Dollop half of the Dulce de Leche over the brownie batter and drag a knife through the Dulce de Leche to swirl.
- Pour the remaining brownie batter on top, then spoon on the remaining Dulce de Leche, swirling again with a knife to create a marbled effect.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes. The brownie's center will be slightly firm when they are done. Remove from the oven and allow cool completely before cutting into bars.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 486Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 11gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 13gCholesterol: 89mgSodium: 117mgCarbohydrates: 60gFiber: 3gSugar: 45gProtein: 7g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It up First: Adapted from Miss in the Kitchen.