EASY RASPBERRY LEMON BUNDT CAKE — This easy to make bundt cake starts with a lemon cake mix. The addition of lemon zest, fresh raspberries and cream cheese frosting make it an extra special dessert.
If you need an easy but elegant dessert to serve this spring, look no further than this beautiful Easy Raspberry Lemon Bundt Cake.
I love taking a regular cake mix and doctoring it up with a few special ingredients. In this case, I used the ingredients required on the box, along with some lemon zest, sour cream, vanilla pudding mix and fresh raspberries.
And then there’s that cream cheese frosting. It’s also got a hint of lemon flavor, and if you’re the type to eat frosting with a spoon, it’s a pretty tasty dessert on it’s own.
While not required, some fresh raspberries and a few sprigs of mint on top make for a beautiful presentation.
By the time you’ve baked and served this cake, no one will suspect you didn’t make the entire thing from scratch. Nobody has to know how easy it was!
If you prefer, the cream cheese frosting could be replaced by whipped cream. Although I highly recommend the cream cheese frosting!
And if you’re not a fan of lemon, you could always opt to start with a plain white or yellow cake mix. There are plenty of ways to adapt this recipe, and I’m sure they’d all be delicious.
My family gave this cake rave reviews, and devoured the whole thing in about 25 hours. I had to hide a piece just to ensure I got a second serving!
Whether it’s Mother’s Day, Easter, or just any old day of the week, this Easy Raspberry Lemon Bundt Cake is a must make this spring!
Be sure to save this Easy Raspberry Lemon Bundt Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Tips for Choosing and Storing Raspberries
Appearance: Look for berries that are bright and uniform in color. Avoid berries that look dull, dark, wrinkled or dried out. Be sure to check the container for crushed or moldy berries–don’t forget to check the bottom too!
Storing: Do not wash raspberries until you are ready to use them. Store them in the container you bought them in, or some type of breathable container. Avoid keeping them in the coldest part of your fridge.
To freeze raspberries, arrange them in a single layer on a baking sheet. Place them in the freezer for a few hours, then pour the frozen berries into a large zip-top plastic bag or container. Frozen berries will keep for up to 10 months.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Raspberry Lemon Bundt Cake
- Lemon cake mix plus ingredients required on the box (eggs, oil, water, etc.)
- Sour cream
- Instant vanilla pudding mix
- Produce: lemons, raspberries
- Cream cheese
- Powdered sugar
For the cake
- 1 lemon cake mix, plus ingredients required on box
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 (3.4 oz.) box vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 12 ounces fresh raspberries
- 1 tablespoon flour
For the frosting
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1-2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Grease and flour a 10 cup bundt pan.
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix plus other ingredients listed on the box, along with sour cream, vanilla pudding mix and lemon zest. Beat with an electric mixer until smooth.
- In a small bowl, gently toss the raspberries with the flour. Fold into the batter by hand.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan. Bake for 50-60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan for 10 minutes before turning onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting by beating the cream cheese and butter with an electric mixer until smooth. Blend in the powdered sugar. Gradually mix in the lemon juice until frosting reaches the desired consistency. Spread over cooled cake.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 421Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 9gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 41mgSodium: 533mgCarbohydrates: 68gFiber: 2gSugar: 47gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe