EGGNOG SNICKERDOODLES — Classic snickerdoodle cookies with a holiday twist–the flavors of eggnog and nutmeg!
My husband is an eggnog fanatic (something he’s passed on to our children), so I knew these Eggnog Snickerdoodles were going to be a huge hit at my house. I was not wrong. My family devoured them!
These cookies are thick and soft, with a wonderful eggnog flavor and a hint of nutmeg. Pretty much the perfect holiday cookie!
These cookies are delicious! Mine came out more cake-like than a Snickerdoodle, but I cannot complain at all since the flavor is so wonderful! I am happy to share these with my family during the holidays! ~ Tracy
They stay soft for days too–longer than any other cookie I’ve made. I’m no food scientist, but I suspect it’s the eggnog that keeps them soft for so long.
Sometimes, I add a dash of nutmeg right into the batter, and an eggnog and powdered sugar glaze is also a nice touch. But they really are perfectly delicious just the way they are.
The cookies will be very puffy when you remove them from the oven, but don’t worry, they will flatten slightly as they cool.
The dough is a bit sticky, but once you drop it into the sugar and nutmeg coating, it becomes pretty easy to work with.
And I love that this is such a simple holiday cookie to make. These cookies also freeze well, so you can make them ahead. Always a plus during the busy holiday baking season.
These were so good. My kids gobbled them up faster than I could bake them. I made several batches the week of Christmas. I put my dough in the fridge for a bit before working with, and doubled every batch. Oh man I need to make more of these and hide them in the freezer!! ~ Brandi
My family goes crazy for these cookies (especially my husband), and even folks who aren’t fans of eggnog love these Eggnog Snickerdoodles!
These Eggnog Snickerdoodles are sure to become a favorite in your holiday cookie rotation.
Be sure to save this Eggnog Snickerdoodles recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Eggnog Snickerdoodles
- Baking soda
- Spices: salt, nutmeg
- Cream of tartar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 1/3 cups sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla or rum extract
- 1 cup eggnog
- 4 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and 2 cups sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, sift together the flour, cream of tartar, baking soda and salt.
- Add the flour mixture to the creamed mixture, alternately with the eggnog. The dough will be thick and slightly sticky.
- Mix together 1/3 cup sugar and 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Shape the dough into rounded tablespoons; roll in sugar and nutmeg mixture. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets and bake for 8-10 minutes, or until cookies are just set and starting to crack.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 48 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 123Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 105mgCarbohydrates: 19gFiber: 0gSugar: 10gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like: