FROZEN S’MORES BARS — All the flavors of a classic s’more, including chocolate, marshmallow and graham cracker, in a fun, frozen treat that’s perfect for hot summer days.
S’mores are a classic summer treat, and the only thing that could make them more perfect for summer is turning them into something frosty and cool. Introducing Frozen S’mores Bars!
These easy-to-make bars still have all the flavors of the classic s’more, in the form of chocolate pudding, marshmallow fluff (mixed with a few other tasty ingredients), and of course, graham crackers.
This is the perfect dessert for a hot summer day, when it’s just too hot to sit around a campfire. I like to make a batch and wrap them individually to keep in the freezer.
That way, we can enjoy this tasty treat all week long. That is, if they last that long.
Sometimes I hide one or two at the back of the freezer for myself, just in case. It’s safe to say these ice-cream bar like confections are a big hit at my house all summer long.
Best of all, there’s no need to turn on the oven, which means no heating up the kitchen. It also means these are a great way for even young kids to help in the kitchen.
My boys always like to be in charge of mixing up the pudding. I’m sure they sneak a few spoonfuls while they’re at it!
Just remember to put the chocolate pudding layer in the freezer while you mix up the marshmallow fluff layer. That way it will be firm enough that your marshmallow mixture can spread over it easily.
These s’mores bars couldn’t be any easier to put together. The hardest part is waiting for them to freeze. And you’ll definitely need to let them stand at room temperature for 5-10 minutes before biting into one.
Although I haven’t tried it, I’m sure you could make this recipe with different flavors of pudding, and even different graham crackers, like chocolate or cinnamon. However you decide to mix it up, these Frozen S’mores Bars are always a huge hit with both young and old alike.
Be sure to save this Frozen S’mores Bars recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Frozen S’mores Bars
- Graham crackers
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Marshmallow fluff
- Cream cheese
- Frozen whipped topping (Cool-Whip)
- 1 (5.1 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding
- 2.5 cups cold milk
- 1 (7 oz.) jar marshmallow fluff
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) tub frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 16 whole graham crackers, broken in half
- Line a 9x13 inch pan with parchment paper, leaving a 1-inch overhang.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together pudding mix and milk until smooth. Pour into prepared pan and spread in an even layer. Place in freezer while you prepare the marshmallow layer.
- With an electric mixer, beat the marshmallow fluff and cream cheese until smooth. Fold in the whipped topping. Spread marshmallow layer over pudding layer. Cover and return to the freezer for 5-6 hours, or until firm.
- Use the parchment paper to remove the chocolate and marshmallow layer from the pan and place on a cutting board. Arrange 15 graham crackers over the layers, close together.
- Cut the bars into squares along the edges of each graham cracker. Flip each square over and place another graham cracker on top. Wrap individually and return to freezer until ready to eat.
- Let stand at room temperature about 10 minutes before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 170Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 156mgCarbohydrates: 28gFiber: 1gSugar: 12gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from It’s Always Autumn