GRILLED JALAPENO LIME FLANK STEAK — Flank steak is marinated in a sweet and savory citrus mixture, with garlic, jalapenos and fresh cilantro, then grilled to perfection in this easy but elegant meal.
As far as I’m concerned, there’s no easier meal to make than a marinated flank steak, and this Grilled Jalapeno Lime Flank Steak has quickly become a new family favorite.
Honestly, the hardest thing about this recipe is remembering to thaw out your beef in time for dinner!
And the marinade, made with honey, lime juice, and soy sauce, plus fresh jalapeno, cilantro and garlic, is the perfect blend of sweet, savory and spicy.
The result is a fantastically flavored flank steak with a hint of heat and a hint of sweetness. Cooked to medium on the grill–or under the broiler–this dish is simple enough for any weeknight, but fancy enough for company.
Ideally, you want to marinated your flank steak for as long as possible–up to 24 hours. Of course, that requires some planning ahead.
So if you’re like me and planning ahead isn’t your forte, don’t worry. Even with as little as two hours of marinade time, this flank steak will still be amazing.
We usually just slice our steak thinly to serve it, but this also makes an amazing filling for tacos, and is perfect for a steak salad. And of course, the leftovers make great tacos too.
I always keep a flank steak in the freezer so I can make this recipe any time, and it really is the perfect recipe for any time–weekend grilling, busy Tuesday nights, and even entertaining.
This Grilled Jalapeno Lime Flank Steak recipe is definitely a keeper, and an easy but elegant meal you’ll make again and again.
Be sure to save this Grilled Jalapeno Lime Flank Steak recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Grilled Jalapeno Lime Flank Steak
- Flank steak
- Salt and pepper
- Produce: cilantro, limes, jalapenos, garlic
- Soy sauce
- Olive oil
- 1.5 to 2 pounds flank steak
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1-2 jalapenos, seeded and chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Season the steak with 1 teaspoon salt and pepper, to taste. Place the steak in a shallow glass pan.
- Add the remaining ingredients to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour the marinade over the steak, turning to coat all sides. Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat a grill for medium high heat. Grill steak for 4-6 minutes per side, or until desired doneness is reached. Let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing thinly against the grain.
- Serve with additional sliced jalapeno, chopped cilantro, and lime juice, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 119mgSodium: 584mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 9gProtein: 42g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Dinner: Changing the Game