HONEY BUTTER BISCUITS — Light, soft drop biscuits are brushed with honey butter, baked to golden brown, then coated in more honey butter for a delicious, sweet bread that will have everyone asking for seconds!
My oldest son recently returned from a two year church service mission to the South (Florida, Alabama, Georgia and Mississippi), and one of the things he asked me to recreate when he came home were these Church’s Chicken Honey Butter Biscuits.
Oh my goodness! I’m so glad he requested that I give these biscuits a try. We don’t have a Church’s Chicken anywhere close in Colorado, and I have to say, we’ve been missing out. At least when it comes to honey butter biscuits.
I mean, biscuits are pretty great to begin with, and when you slather them in honey butter…..well, it just doesn’t get much better than that.
And since this is a drop biscuit recipe, there’s no need to deal with rolling the dough. You just shape it into balls, brush everything with honey butter, and bake until golden brown.
My son said that Church’s biscuits are actually a little more golden brown than mine were. But the taste was spot on! I’ll have to take his word for that, since I’ve never had an authentic Church’s Honey Butter Biscuit myself.
But even if the taste wasn’t spot on, these biscuits were out-of-this world amazing! I’m pretty sure it’s the honey butter, which I may just be slathering on all forms of bread from here on out.
Obviously, these biscuits are a perfect side for things like fried chicken. But I would not turn one down with any meal. In fact, they’d make a pretty great breakfast on their own. And I’d happily eat them for dessert too.
Seriously people, you need to make these biscuits as soon as possible. And then make them again. And again. You can thank me later!
Be sure to save this recipe for Church’s Chicken Honey Butter Biscuits to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Here’s what you’ll need to make Church’s Chicken Honey Butter Biscuits
- Baking powder
- Cream of tartar
For the biscuits
- 2 cups flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/2 cup cold butter, diced
- 2/3 cup milk
For the honey butter
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/3 cup honey
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, salt, sugar and cream of tartar. Cut in butter until the mixture resembles cornmeal. Add the milk and mix well. Knead dough about 15 times.
- Divide dough into 1/4 cup size portions. Roll into balls and place on prepared baking sheet. Pat to about 1/2 inch thickness.
- In a medium saucepan, combine ingredients for honey butter. Bring to a boil, then remove from heat. Brush biscuits with a thin layer of honey butter.
- Place in oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown. Remove from oven and brush immediately with more honey butter before serving warm.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 218Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 32mgSodium: 350mgCarbohydrates: 26gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Recipe Secrets