HONEY GINGER ROASTED CARROTS — These sweet and savory carrots are roasted in a honey, ginger, brown sugar and soy sauce glaze.
For almost nine years my youngest has claimed he doesn’t like carrots, until he tried these Honey Ginger Roasted carrots. I’m right there with him. This is now my absolute favorite way to cook carrots!
When I picked up a up a beautiful bunch of fresh carrots at the farmer’s market this week, I knew just what I wanted to do with them.
I LOVED THIS! This is definitely going to become a staple recipe for me, it was so easy and extremely delicious. ~ NBH
I left my carrots whole for presentation purposes, and they do look lovely on a platter, but even baby carrots will work in this dish, so trim them to whatever size you prefer.
I do strongly (very strongly!) recommend following the advice to line your pan with aluminum foil then spray it with cooking spray.
Thanks so much for this recipe! The carrots were ridiculously easy and totally delicious!! My family devoured them. ~ Cindy
The honey based glaze can be pretty sticky–which is great for the carrots but not so great for the clean-up.
I hope you love these carrots as much as we do!
Be sure to save this Honey Ginger Roasted Carrots recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Tips for Choosing and Storing Carrots
Appearance: Try to buy carrots with their tops on. The greens are delicate and will show their age much more quickly than the roots. The peel of carrots fades with time, so look for carrots that are vibrant and colorful.
Choose carrots without splits, cracks and lots of hairy roots–those are all signs of age. Also avoid carrots that are limp or black near the top, as they probably aren’t fresh.
Storage: Store carrots in a plastic bag in the refrigerator. Remove the tops if you won’t be eating them right away, otherwise the greens will pull moisture from the roots.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Honey Ginger Roasted Carrots
- Produce: carrots, fresh ginger, garlic
- Olive oil
- Soy sauce
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 pound carrots, peeled (whole or cut into pieces–larger carrots may need to be halved lengthwise)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1-2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Sesame seeds, for garnish (optional)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, whisk together honey, olive oil, ginger, soy sauce, garlic, brown sugar and salt and pepper. Toss carrots with glaze (in a large bowl, or right on the foil-lined pan).
- Bake for 15-25 minutes (depending on the size of your carrots), turning and stirring once during cooking, until carrots are tender. If desired, sprinkle with sesame seeds before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 282Total Fat: 17gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 14gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 368mgCarbohydrates: 33gFiber: 5gSugar: 24gProtein: 3g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.