KEY LIME PIE MOUSSE — This light, refreshing citrus dessert tastes like your favorite key lime pie, but it’s ready in a matter of minutes! Serve in mini dessert dishes for an easy but elegant dessert everyone will rave about!
Even better, this has to be one of the easiest desserts I’ve ever made! The mousse is made of just 3 simple ingredients that you can whip up in minutes.
Served this last night at a dinner party. Everyone loved it, a perfect dessert for a hot summer evening and I don’t think I have ever made a dessert recipe as easy as this before. ~ Ruthie
I like to serve this mousse in mini dessert dishes, but small Mason jars are fun too. Really, any small dessert dishes, bowls, jars, or even drinking glasses will work.
I can get 10-12 small servings from this recipe, but it really depends on the size of serving dish you use.
For a gluten-free version, simply omit the graham cracker crust–or if you’re like my husband and don’t care for graham cracker crust. It’s always nice to have gluten-free options, and this recipe makes it easy.
This was delicious! So very rich and fruity. I was excited to make it for my St. Pat’s bunco. It was a hit! ~ Jeni
I like to garnish this mousse with lime wedges, but it’s also pretty and delicious served with fresh berries and mint.
No matter how you serve it up, this Key Lime Pie Mousse is sure to be a hit! Don’t be surprised if you get lots of requests for the recipe.
Be sure to save this Key Lime Pie Mousse recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Key Lime Pie Mousse
- Graham cracker crumbs
- Heavy cream
- Sweetened condensed milk
- Key lime juice
- 2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup key lime juice
- In a small bowl, mix together graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Divide crumb mixture evenly between 8-12 small dessert glasses.
- With an electric mixer, beat cream until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sweetened condensed milk and lime juice until smooth.
- Fold lime mixture into whipped cream until well blended.
- Pipe or spoon mixture over graham cracker crumbs. Refrigerate until serving.
- Garnish with fresh lime wedges, if desired.
Total time does not include refrigeration.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 225Total Fat: 20gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 6gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 62mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 0gSugar: 6gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe
Last Updated on 2020-03-04 by Danelle