MAPLE BALSAMIC ROASTED CHICKEN SAUSAGE AND VEGGIES — Chicken sausage, potatoes, carrots and Brussels sprouts are tossed with a sweet and savory maple balsamic glaze, then roasted to perfection in this easy sheet pan meal.
There’s nothing better on a busy weeknight than an easy, healthy sheet pan dinner, and this Maple Balsamic Roasted Chicken Sausage and Veggies recipe is one of our favorites.
I just love sheet pan meals. Everything is cooked in a single pan, which means fewer dishes and less clean-up, and my kids will eat almost any vegetable if I roast it this way.
Well, maybe not Brussels sprouts, but this is definitely my family’s favorite way to enjoy fresh veggies.
I really enjoy making this version of a sheet pan dinner during the fall and winter months–the maple syrup and balsamic glaze just taste like fall to me.
But this is one of those quick and simple dinners that I make all year long.
I also love that this recipe is so versatile. It’s a great way to use up whatever vegetables you have in the refrigerator.
With the tangy, sweet glaze, the vegetables and sausage brown beautifully, and everything is full of flavor. Don’t skip lining your baking sheet with foil for easy clean-up, as the syrup and vinegar glaze can get a bit sticky.
This Maple Balsamic Roasted Chicken Sausage and Veggies is an easy, wonderful way to serve up fresh in-season produce during the fall and winter months, or any time of year.
Be sure to save this recipe for Maple Balsamic Roasted Chicken Sausage and Veggies to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Maple Balsamic Roasted Chicken Sausage and Veggies
- Chicken and apple sausage
- Produce: Brussels sprouts, carrots, Yukon gold potatoes, sweet potatoes, onions, fresh parsley
- Spices: onion powder, garlic powder, oregano, salt and pepper
- Olive oil
- Balsamic vinegar
- Maple syrup
- 12 ounces chicken and apple sausage, cut into 2-inch slices
- 1/2 pound Brussels sprouts, halved
- 1 1/2 cups baby carrots
- 2 small sweet potatoes, cubed
- 3-4 Yukon gold potatoes, cubed
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 cup real maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Fresh parsley, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a large baking sheet with foil, then spray the foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add the sausage, Brussels sprouts, carrots, potatoes and onions to the baking sheet in an even layer.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, maple syrup, onion powder, garlic powder and oregano. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Drizzle the vinegar and syrup mixture over the sausage and vegetables, then toss to coat well.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then stir and bake for another 10-15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender and golden and sausage is cooked through. Garnish with fresh parsley, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 368Total Fat: 15gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 11gCholesterol: 52mgSodium: 477mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 5gSugar: 15gProtein: 18g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Our Best Bites