MARSHMALLOW CARAMEL CORN — This marshmallow coated popcorn is the perfect sweet treat for movie night, or just for fun!
If you need a quick, last-minute treat for the upcoming school bake sale, look no further than this Marshmallow Caramel Corn.
This chewy caramel corn is also the perfect snack for movie night, or an Oscar party. But don’t wait for a special occasion to make it, because it’s amazing and oh so easy!
Truly, when I take this stuff anywhere, it never lasts long, and I always get requests for the recipe.
Think of this sweet treat as a cross between caramel corn and Rice Krispies Treats, and you can start to imagine how addictive and delicious this stuff is.
Although I should probably offer this disclaimer: don’t let your son with braces near the stuff or you will be making an emergency visit to the orthodontist!
I usually don’t have regular popcorn handy, so I use several bags (about 3) of microwave popcorn. Just be sure to remove all the unpopped kernels, or you may be making an emergency visit to the dentist yourself.
You can also use pre-popped, bagged popcorn if you’d like, which makes this yummy treat even faster and easier to make. Of course, if you’re a popcorn purist, you’ll want to pop your own popcorn from scratch.
This is definitely one of those treats you just can’t stop eating. Don’t say I didn’t warn you!
You’ll want to keep all the ingredients for this Marshmallow Caramel Corn on hand so you can whip up this gooey, caramel coated popcorn any time!
Be sure to save this Marshmallow Caramel Corn recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Marshmallow Caramel Corn
- Brown sugar
- Corn syrup
- 8 cups popped popcorn
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 (10 oz.) bag large marshmallows (about 35)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Place popcorn in a large bowl. Line a large rimmed baking sheet with foil and spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, melt the butter.
- Add brown sugar and corn syrup and cook and stir for 2-3 minutes, until well blended.
- Reduce heat to medium low and add the marshmallows. Cook and stir until marshmallows are completely melted. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture over popcorn and stir to coat. Spread popcorn onto prepared baking sheet to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 252Total Fat: 14gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 162mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 1gSugar: 27gProtein: 1g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Lil’ Luna.