ROCKY ROAD CANDY — Traditional rocky road candy, made with chocolate, nuts and marshmallows, gets an upgrade for the holidays with the addition of gummy candy. So easy to make, this candy will quickly become a holiday favorite!
I can’t resist anything that involves chocolate covered marshmallows! And with the addition of toasted nuts and chunks of chewy gummy candy, I really can’t say no to this easy to make Rocky Road Candy!
It took me a few attempts (along with some recommendations from my children) to get the ratio of marshmallows, nuts and gummies just right, but feel free to adjust the amounts to suit your tastes.
If you hate nuts, just omit them and add more marshmallows and candy. Although I must say, the pistachios make this candy especially festive looking for the holidays……
But the point is, feel free to adapt this recipe to suit your tastes and what you have on hand. Different nuts? Colored marshmallows? Don’t worry, it all works!
My family love this chewy, chocolate candy almost as much as I do. When I asked if I should add it to the regular rotation of Christmas treats, they all gave a resounding “yes!”
In fact, my youngest told me he doesn’t really like marshmallows (this was news to me) but he really liked this candy. As further proof, he couldn’t seem to stop eating it.
I really love that this candy is so easy to make, and pretty fool-proof. Even better, it freezes well. I usually cut the whole pan into four sections, rap each section in parchment then foil, and stick them in the freezer.
Then I just pull out one section at a time and cut that into bite-sized pieces. It works perfectly and allows me to get some of my Christmas goodies made ahead of time.
If you’re look for a fun, delicious, easy to make candy recipe for this holiday season, this Rocky Road Candy is a must try!
Be sure to save this Rocky Road Candy recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Rocky Road Candy
- Chocolate chips
- Gummy candies (gum drops, Turkish delight, JuJubes, etc.)
- 1 (10 oz.) bag dark chocolate chips
- 1 (12 oz.) bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 8 ounces miniature marshmallows
- 2 cups chopped gummy candies (gumdrops, Turkish delight, JuJubes, etc.)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted almonds
- 2/3 cup roasted pistachios
- Line a 10x15 inch jelly roll pan with parchment paper; set aside. Place the marshmallows, gummy candies and nuts in a large bowl.
- In the microwave or a double boiler, melt the chocolate until smooth. Heat the chocolate just enough for it to melt, but don't let it get too hot.
- Working quickly, pour the chocolate over the marshmallow mixture and stir to combine. Pour into prepared pan and spread mixture into an even layer. Let set, then cut into slices to serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 97 Total Fat: 3g Saturated Fat: 1g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 2g Cholesterol: 0mg Sodium: 29mg Carbohydrates: 18g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 11g Protein: 1g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe