M&M CHRISTMAS COOKIES — These soft, chewy cookies are loaded with chocolate chips and red and green M&M’s. A favorite of both kids and adults during the holiday season–or any time of year.
When it comes to favorite holiday cookie recipes, these M&M Christmas Cookies are a classic, with their festive red and green chocolate coated candy pieces.
Everyone at my house has a different favorite holiday cookie, and these M&M cookies are the favorite of my youngest. They’re actually his favorite cookie any time of year, and the one he requests most often.
Of course, I change up the color of the M&Ms to go with the season, but I don’t think he (or anyone else) really cares what color of M&M’s I use.
Not only do these cookies feature chocolate coated candies, they’re loaded with regular chocolate chips too. Basically, they’re next level chocolate chip cookies.
Why just add one or the other to your cookies when you can have both kinds of chocolate?
I like to bake this recipe into big, fat bakery style cookies, with about 1/4 cup of dough per cookie. But you could certainly go smaller and use a regular sized cookie scoop or tablespoon.
And I always add a few extra M&Ms to the top of the cookies before baking, so those holiday colors really shine through.
These cookies freeze beautifully, so they’re perfect for making ahead and sharing with friends and family all throughout the Christmas season.
Even though they’re my youngest’s favorite cookie, they seem pretty popular with everyone else around here, and always disappear quickly. After all, what’s not to love about this classic, festive holiday treat?
These M&M Christmas Cookies should be on everyone’s holiday baking list, but be sure to bake them all year long, because they’re a favorite any time of year.
Be sure to save this M&M Christmas Cookies recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make M&M Christmas Cookies
- Baking powder
- Baking soda
- White sugar
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate Chips
- 4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups red and green (or any color) M&Ms candies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- With an electric mixer, beat the butter and both sugars until light and fluffy. Mix in the eggs and vanilla.
- Gradually stir in the flour mixture until everything is well combined. With a wooden spoon, stir in the chocolate chips and M&Ms.
- Form 1/4 cup of dough into large balls and place about 3 inches apart on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just brown around the edges. For soft, chewy cookies, do not overbake.
- Let cookies stand for 2 minutes on cookies sheets, then remove to wire racks to cool completely.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 270Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 210mgCarbohydrates: 42gFiber: 1gSugar: 26gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Tastes Better From Scratch