MUMMY POPS--Oreos are coated in white chocolate, then decorated with chocolate candy eyeballs and more white chocolate drizzle in this fun and easy Halloween treat.
For some reason, Halloween treats are not my forte. But I love the way these adorable Oreo Mummy Pops turned out.
And once I got the hang of it, they were pretty easy to put together. I admit, I broke a few Oreos in the process, but that’s okay, because you get to eat those!
Thanks so much for these! I made them with my niece today! ~Laura
A few tips: be sure to secure your stick in the center of the cookie with some white chocolate. It keeps it secure and makes dipping much easier.
And there’s nothing that says you have to use chocolate Oreos. There are so many flavors now. I love making these with Golden Oreos–one of my favorites!
The Halloween Oreos would be another great option. If you can find candy eyeballs, those are great in place of the mini M&M’s.
I do recommend using Double Stuff Oreos in this recipe. The sucker sticks are much easier to insert with the extra filling.
These fun Halloween treats are a great way to get kids involved in the kitchen. Mummies are naturally a little messy, with all that loose bandaging, so you really don’t have to worry about these looking perfect.
And yes, you can make these ahead of time. Once your mummy pops have been individually wrapped, they can be stored in the freezer for up to a month.
Of course, these are as much fun to eat as they are to make. We shared them with neighbors recently and everyone loved them! If you love mummy themed treats, be sure to check out the White Chocolate Mummy Pretzels too!
I’ll be taking a big batch of these Mummy Pops to the school’s fall carnival and bake sale. They’re sure to be a hit!
Be sure to save this recipe for Mummy Pops to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Smothered Chicken Burritos
- Oreo cookies
- White chocolate or white candy melts
- Mini M&Ms
- Sucker sticks
- 1 (18 oz.) package Oreo cookies (I recommend Double Stuff)
- 2 pounds white chocolate or white candy melts
- 1 cup miniature M&M’s candies
- Sucker sticks
- Carefully separate Oreo cookies so you have one side with filling and one without.
- Melt 1 pound of white chocolate according to package directions.
- Dip the end of a sucker stick into the melted chocolate. Gently press the chocolate coated stick into the center of the Oreo filling. Carefully put the cookie back together. Repeat with remaining Oreos.
- Dip the cookie sucker into the melted chocolate to coat completely. Place on a wax paper lined cookie sheet.
- While the chocolate is still soft, place two mini M&M’s eyes about 1/3 of the way down from the top of the cookie. Repeat with remaining cookie suckers. Melt more white chocolate as needed to coat all of the suckers.
- Place remaining melted chocolate into a large zip-top plastic bag and snip off a small corner. Pipe “mummy wrapping” over the suckers in a random pattern. Allow cookie pops to set completely before wrapping.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: I found these here, at How Does She? Check out the other Halloween cookie pops–ghosts and tombstones!
Last Updated on 2022-09-06 by Danelle