PANTRY BLONDIES — These moist, chewy “blond brownies” are studded with chocolate chips, and made with ingredients you probably have on hand. It only takes about five minutes to whip up a batch, which makes these bars perfect for last minute party invites or late night sweet cravings.
Imagine a cross between a moist, chewy brownie and a chocolate chip cookie. That’s what these Pantry Blondies taste like!
You’re likely to always have the ingredients sitting in your pantry right now, hence the name.
The original recipe called for walnuts, but I replaced them with chocolate chips. If I wasn’t the only one around here who likes nuts, I’d probably use both!
Except pecans instead of walnuts, since I actually don’t like walnuts. But you get the idea! Feel free to add whatever kind of nuts and chocolate chips you like!
I have a fantastic brownie recipe that is mixed up in a similar fashion, stirring the sugar into the melted butter, etc. so I knew these blondies would be good the minute I read the recipe.
I almost always make a double batch, so there is a half a pan for me, and half for everyone else. Seriously. I can not eat just one.
And since these blondies are so easy to mix up and bake (I don’t even have to get out my stand mixer) they’re perfect for those times someone announces they’re supposed to bring a treat to school, youth group, a party, etc.
Of course, these bars are also perfect for someone with a sweet tooth like me, because I can whip up a batch without having to run to the store for any special ingredients.
This recipe is definitely a keeper. It’s one we make over and over again at my house. I hope you love these Pantry Blondies as much as we do!
Be sure to save this Potato Chip Crusted Grilled Corn recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Smothered Chicken Burritos
- Baking powder
- Brown sugar
- Chocolate chips
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease an 8 or 9-inch square baking pan.
- Combine flour, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan over low heat; remove from heat. Alternately, butter can be melted in a microwaveable bowl.
- Stir brown sugar into melted butter until it is dissolved. Quickly whisk in the egg and vanilla.
- Stir in the flour mixture until just incorporated. Stir in chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter into the prepared baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First : This recipe was originally published in Mom’s Big Book of Baking, but I found it at Whipped.