PEANUT BUSTER ICE CREAM SANDWICH CAKE — Ice cream sandwiches are layered with hot fudge, peanut butter, whipped cream and chopped peanuts in this decadent ice cream cake creation.
Have you ever had a Peanut Buster Parfait at Dairy Queen? It’s a classic! And one of my favorite DQ ice cream treats.
This amazingly decadent Peanut Buster Ice Cream Sandwich Cake has all the flavors of a Peanut Buster Parfait in and easy to make, layered dessert. Trust me, you don’t want to miss this!
If you’re a fan of combining sweet and salty, you’re going to love this dessert. I love chocolate and nuts together too. And of course, ice cream.
Basically, there’s nothing about this cake I don’t love. It’s one of those desserts my kids would file under the category of “epic.”
Best of all, this cake is so easy to put together, thanks to that favorite summer-time treat, the ice cream sandwich.
Hot fudge is mixed with creamy peanut butter, then slathered between layers of ice cream sandwiches, along with whipped cream and chopped peanuts.
To say my family loved this cake would be a huge understatement. They couldn’t stop raving about it.
In fact, we loved it so much, I made it twice in a month–not something I do often, especially when it comes to dessert.
There is no doubt this cake will become a summer time staple at our house. And I’m already dreaming up new versions of this fabulous dessert using different ice cream sandwich flavors and toppings. So stay tuned!
Be sure to save this Peanut Buster Ice Cream Sandwich Cake recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Peanut Buster Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
- Hot fudge sauce
- Peanut butter
- Ice cream sandwiches
- Cool Whip
Peanut Buster Ice Cream Sandwich Cake
Ice cream sandwiches are layered with hot fudge, peanut butter, whipped cream and chopped peanuts in this decadent ice cream cake creation.
- 2 (12-13 oz.) jars hot fudge sauce
- 3/4 cup creamy peanut butter
- 20 ice cream sandwiches
- 1 (12 oz.) container frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup chopped, salted peanuts
- Place hot fudge sauce in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high until hot, 1-2 minutes. Do not let the fudge boil. Stir peanut butter into hot fudge until smooth. Let cool to room temperature.
- Line the bottom of a 9x13 inch baking dish with ice cream sandwiches, trimming sandwiches to fit, as needed.
- Spread half of whipped topping over sandwiches. Place dessert in freezer for about 15 minutes, or until whipped topping is firm. Remove from freezer and spread half of fudge mixture over the whipped topping. Sprinkle with half of the peanuts.
- Repeat the layers, ending with hot fudge and peanuts. Freeze until firm, about 2 hours. Cut into squares to serve. Drizzle with additional hot fudge sauce, if desired.
Total time does not include freezing.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter | Google+
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Not Fried Ice Cream Cake
Copycat Cherry Garcia Ice Cream
Perfect Chocolate Ganache
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from All Recipes
That is a picture perfect dessert!!
The fudge sauce is impossible to spread over the whip cream even after freezing. I had to put in small teaspoons all over and call it good. Makes a lot. Could barely fit into the 9x 13 pan, but you have plenty of dessert. Takes good!
Jean, I suppose you could use hershey’s syrup instead, that’s what I did when I make a slightly different version of this. I use ice cream sandwiches, then Hershey syrup, then cool whip, repeat layers, topping with Cool whip, drizzle of Hershey’s and add cashew halves to top it off at the end
Jean swap the order put the fudge and peanut butter mixture on top of the sandwiches then put the whip cream down