PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE GRAHAM SANDWICHES — Graham crackers are dipped in chocolate, covered with a creamy peanut butter filling, then dipped in chocolate again to create these out-of-this-world peanut butter and chocolate treats!
If you’re a fan of peanut butter and chocolate, then these Peanut Butter Chocolate Graham Sandwiches are an absolute must try!
Apparently they serve something like this at Disneyland. I’ve never tried the Disneyland version myself, but I can tell you that this homemade version is one of the most delicious things I’ve made in a long time!
I think my kids were ready to proclaim me mom of the year after I made a batch of these sweet sandwiches. Especially my 18 year-old, who is pretty a much a connoisseur of all things peanut butter and chocolate.
He gave these two big thumbs up! The crispy, slightly sweet graham cracker, topped with the creamy butter filling, and of course, the chocolate coating, are all pretty much a match made in heaven.
If you’ve ever made you’re own peanut butter cups, the peanut butter mixture here is basically the same. I love a good peanut butter cup, homemade or otherwise, but these cookie sandwiches take things to a whole new level.
And they are so easy to put together. For starters, this is a no-bake treat, so it’s a great one for making with kids. The hardest part is mixing up the peanut butter filling, which can be quite stiff.
But that just means you may have to use your hands. Again, a good reason to get the kids involved!
I really can’t express how much I loved these sandwich cookies, so I can’t believe I’m saying this……but they are almost too big. So consider breaking your graham crackers into quarters instead of just halves.
I mean, you can always eat two of them. They are pretty hard to resist! In the end, these peanut butter and chocolate treats are going to disappear in no time. Enjoy!
Be sure to save this recipe for Peanut Butter Chocolate Graham Sandwiches to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Peanut Butter Chocolate Graham Sandwiches
- Graham crackers
- Peanut butter
- Powdered sugar
- 6 graham crackers, broken in half to make 12 squares
- 16 ounces (about 4 cups) dark chocolate melting wafers
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Pinch of salt
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place the chocolate in a microwave safe bowl and melt for one minute at 50% power; stir. Continue melting at 50% power for 30 second intervals until completely melted and smooth.
- Dip the graham crackers into the chocolate to cover completely. Place on prepared baking sheet. Place the baking sheet in the freezer.
- Meanwhile, make the filling by combining the peanut butter, powdered sugar, vanilla and salt in a large bowl. Stir (you may need to use your hands) until smooth.
- Place a heaping tablespoon or so of peanut butter mixture on top of each chocolate covered graham cracker and spread in an even layer to the edge. Return to the freezer for 5 minutes.
- Reheat the chocolate slightly if it has hardened. Dip the peanut butter covered crackers into the chocolate to coat. Return to baking sheet to set.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 276 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 4g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 9g Cholesterol: 1mg Sodium: 160mg Carbohydrates: 32g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 22g Protein: 6g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from I Heart Naptime