PINEAPPLE COLESLAW — Shredded cabbage and pineapple tidbits come together in a sweet and tangy dressing in this unique take on a classic salad!
I’m a big fan of coleslaw in pretty much any form. My husband and kids, not so much. Although I think I’m winning him over, and this Pineapple Coleslaw is one of his favorites.
This was delicious! I would cut down on the brown sugar and be more generous with the jalapeno if you like a little kick. Very good! ~ Kay
It’s the perfect balance of sweet and tangy, and I just love the chunks of pineapple–they’re my favorite part, and what makes this coleslaw so unique.
Obviously my husband loves the pineapple too, because he won’t touch regular coleslaw with a ten foot pole. Even my kids like this coleslaw, and that’s really saying something!
The dressing is made from ingredients you probably have on hand, like plain yogurt, vinegar and brown sugar. It’s the perfect accompaniment to the cabbage and pineapple. Feel free to adjust the amount of vinegar and brown sugar to suit your tastes.
Just don’t forget to reserve some pineapple juice to add to the dressing too! Seriously, I always drain my pineapple and forget to save the juice!
I also like to keep things simple by buying prepared shredded cabbage, but you are certainly welcome to shred your own. Same goes for the carrots.
You an also use a combination of red and purple cabbage. Either way, this Pineapple Coleslaw is always a hit! If you’re looking for something different than plain old coleslaw, this recipe is a must try!
Be sure to save this Pineapple Coleslaw recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Pineapple Coleslaw
- Plain yogurt
- Apple cider vinegar
- Pineapple juice
- Brown sugar
- Salt and pepper
- Produce: cabbage, carrots, green onions, fresh cilantro, jalapeno, red pepper
- Pineapple tidbits
- 1/4 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons pineapple juice (reserve from canned pineapple)
- 1-2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 3 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded carrots
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 1/2 cups canned pineapple tidbits (reserve juice for dressing)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together yogurt, vinegar, pineapple juice, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Add the cabbage, carrots, red bell pepper, green onions, cilantro, pineapple and jalapeno. Toss to coat well and serve immediately.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 72Total Fat: 0gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 0gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 59mgCarbohydrates: 17gFiber: 2gSugar: 14gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Half Baked Harvest