PINEAPPLE FRIED RICE — Fresh pineapple and colorful veggies come together with soy sauce and seasonings in this pretty and delicious rice side dish.
When it comes to serving side dishes at my house, rice is right up there with potatoes on the list of things my family loves. And this Pineapple Fried Rice was no exception.
Loaded with sweet pineapple and colorful peppers, what’s not to love about this easy to make, delicious side dish?
Obviously fried rice is the perfect accompaniment to Asian inspired dishes, but this rice pairs equally well with steak, grilled chicken breasts, or pork chops. It’s also a great way to use any leftover rice you might have in the refrigerator.
And you certainly don’t have to limit yourself to the veggies listed in the recipe. Fried rice is a great way to use up odds and ends you might have–peas, carrots and chopped zucchini are also great in this recipe.
And you could easily add a protein like shrimp or chicken for a complete meal!
I definitely recommend the fresh pineapple though, but you could use canned pineapple tidbits in a pinch. If you want to keep the dish really mild, feel free to replace the jalapeno with a diced green pepper.
I love how pretty and colorful this fried rice is, but I especially love the combination of sweet and savory flavors. Not to mention, it’s so easy to put together.
I can whip this side dish up while my husband grills some chicken, and we have dinner on the table in about 30 minutes! If you have picky eaters, this is also a sure-fire way to get them to eat some vegetables.
If you’ve been searching for an a healthy, delicious side dish to add to your regular menu rotation, I highly recommend this Pineapple Fried Rice.
Be sure to save this Pineapple Fried Rice recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Pineapple Fried Rice
- Produce: onions, garlic, red pepper, jalapeno, fresh pineapple, green onions, cilantro
- Vegetable oil
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Spices: curry powder, salt and pepper
Pineapple Fried Rice
Fresh pineapple and colorful veggies come together with soy sauce and seasonings in this pretty and delicious rice side dish.
- 6 cups cooked rice
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 large red pepper, diced
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1-2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/4 -1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 cups chopped fresh pineapple
- 3 green onions, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Chopped fresh cilantro, for garnish
- In a large wok or saute pan, heat the oil over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Add the garlic and peppers and saute a few minutes more. Stir in the soy sauce, curry powder, red pepper flakes and sesame oil. Gently stir in the rice.
- Add the pineapple and green onions and stir to combine. Continue cooking and stirring until rice is heated through. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Sprinkle with chopped fresh cilantro before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 244Total Fat: 6gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 5gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 223mgCarbohydrates: 43gFiber: 2gSugar: 6gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
More Rice Side Dish Recipes
Copycat Restaurant Style Mexican Rice
This easy to make side dish tastes just like the rice from your favorite Mexican restaurant.
Now you can make this classic rice side dish at home in almost the same amount of time it takes to make it from a box! The perfect accompaniment to almost any meal.
Baked Rice Pilaf
Rice and toasted orzo are mixed with colorful vegetables and chicken broth, then baked until light and fluffy.
Ham Fried Rice
Fried rice tossed with soy sauce, scrambled eggs, diced ham and veggies. Even better than take-out!
Simple Sriracha Rice
This easy side dish recipe is such an easy way to add a little spice to your dinner menu!
Lemon Parmesan Pesto Rice
Rice is cooked in chicken broth and lemon juice, then tossed with basil pesto and Parmesan cheese in this easy side dish.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Vegan Heaven
Leave a Reply