RASPBERRIES AND CREAM MUFFINS — These bakery style muffins are studded with fresh raspberries and white chocolate for a tasty breakfast treat the whole family will love.
I love trying new muffin recipes, and I dare say these Raspberries and Cream Muffins are some of the best muffins I’ve ever tried.
They’re moist but fluffy, and bake up beautifully. And raspberry and white chocolate are such a wonderful flavor combination!
The batter is quite thick, so you do have to be careful stirring in the raspberries. You don’t want to turn your batter all pink. Although I’m sure the muffins would still be delicious.
A large cookie scoop or ice cream scoop works great for measuring the batter into the muffin pan. It’s an easy way to make sure all of your muffins turn out the same size.
If you don’t have half and half handy, you can always mix milk and cream, or evaporated milk is also good substitute.
I can wait to try this recipe with different berries…..blueberries and cream, strawberries and cream. You get the idea! The possibilities are almost endless.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Raspberries and Cream Muffins
- Almond extract
- Baking powder
- Half and Half
- Vanilla or white chocolate chips
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3/4 cups sugar,divided
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 1 cup finely chopped vanilla or white chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, toss raspberries with 1/4 cup sugar; set aside. In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and 1/2 cup sugar. Beat in egg and extracts.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with half and half. Carefully stir in the chips and raspberries.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake for about 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from allrecipes.com