RIGATONI PIZZA SKILLET — Rigatoni pasta cooked in marinara sauce with pepperoni and Italian seasoning for a hearty meal that both kids and adults will love!
It’s a pretty sure bet that anything involving pizza and pasta will be a big hit around here. And this Rigatoni Pizza Skillet was no exception.
This is a hearty pasta dish with all the flavors of a classic pepperoni pizza. Best of all it comes together in one skillet (well….not counting the pasta pot), which means less clean up for you!
Not to mention, when it comes to being kid-friendly, this pasta dish is definitely a winner.
I used jarred pasta sauce in this recipe, but you could certainly substitute homemade. Feel free to add or omit different vegetables too. Mushrooms would be great, and so would olives.
Just think about your favorite pizza toppings…..most of them would probably be great in this recipe.
Rigatoni is a nice, hearty pasta, which is perfect in this dish, so if you need to substitute, I suggest something similar, like penne or ziti.
Be sure to save this Rigatoni Pizza Skillet recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Rigatoni Pizza Skillet
- Rigatoni pasta
- Olive oil
- Produce: onions, bell pepper, garlic, fresh basil
- Spices: Italian seasoning, salt and pepper
- Jarred pasta sauce
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
Rigatoni Pizza Skillet
Rigatoni pasta cooked in marinara sauce with pepperoni and Italian seasoning for a hearty meal that both kids and adults will love!
- 16 ounces uncooked rigatoni pasta
- 1 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 bell pepper (any color), diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 ounces sliced pepperoni, halved
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 (23.5 oz.) jar prepared pasta sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped basil
- Cook pasta according to package directions, drain.
- While pasta cooks, heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add onion, peppers and garlic and saute until tender, about 5 minutes. Add pepperoni, Italian seasoning and red pepper flakes and saute a few minutes more.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and stir in the pasta sauce along with 1/2 cup water. Add the cooked pasta to the skillet and stir to coat evenly. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Simmer for about 10 minutes, adding more water, if needed, to reach desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in the cheeses and fresh basil. Garnish with additional Parmesan cheese and chopped basil before serving, if desired.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 354Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 37mgSodium: 637mgCarbohydrates: 36gFiber: 3gSugar: 3gProtein: 15g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
More Delicious Pasta Recipes
Smoky White Cheddar Mac and Cheese
Elbow macaroni is baked in a creamy smoked cheddar and Fontina cheese sauce with fresh thyme, then baked until hot and bubbly in this gourmet-style macaroni and cheese.
Ultimate Baked Ziti
Pasta is baked in a creamy marinara sauce with mozzarella and Parmesan cheese in this ultimate version of a classic Italian dish.
Baked Chicken Spinach Spaghetti
This rich and creamy baked pasta dish features chicken, spinach and spaghetti in a cheesy Alfredo style sauce. It's comfort food the whole family will love.
Classic Southern Mac and Cheese
With two kinds of cheese, crispy bacon, and a crunchy breadcrumb topping, this class macaroni and cheese recipe is the ultimate comfort food.
Meatball Stroganoff Bake
All the flavors of classic beef stroganoff come together in this delicious pasta filled casserole, made easy with the addition of precooked frozen meatballs. A simple, tasty dinner the whole family will love!
Chicken Spinach Lasagna Rolls
A cheesy chicken and spinach mixture is rolled in lasagna noodles and baked in this easy but elegant dinner recipe.
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Food Network
Cheesy gooey deliciousness! I love one-pot dishes and that goes on my favourite list!