ONE PAN SKILLET CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE — This giant chocolate chip cookie is all mixed up right in a cast iron skillet. Best served warm with vanilla ice cream!
I don’t know what it is about baking a giant chocolate chip cookie in a skillet, but somehow, this One Pan Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie is even better than a regular chocolate chip cookie.
And I’m a chocolate chip cookie fanatic, so that’s really saying something! Especially when you serve it warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. You can use either milk or semi-sweet chocolate in this recipe, or even a combination.
This one-pan recipe is so easy and delicious. In fact, I DID go out and buy a skillet just for this and have never regretted it. You are the first blogger I go to when looking for new recipes because I know I will find something amazing here. ~ Amy
You probably have the ingredients for this cookie in your pantry right now, which is why it’s one of those great, go-to recipes that everyone needs in their collection.
And if you don’t have a cast iron skillet, it’s worth getting one just for this recipe. Trust me, you’ll love it!
I really love this recipe because you mix everything up in right in the skillet. You can mix it in a bowl and then add the dough to the skillet if you like.
But having just one dish to wash has a way of making this cookie taste that much more amazing!
You can always cut this into individual slices for serving, but we’re not that fancy around here. I just put the whole cookie in the middle of the table and give everyone a spoon.
Don’t forget the ice cream!
Be sure to save this One Pan Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make One Pan Skillet Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Brown sugar
- Baking soda
- Chocolate chips or chunks
- 10 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips or chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. In a 10-inch cast iron skillet, melt butter over medium-low heat and remove pan from stove.
- Stir in sugar, brown sugar and vanilla. Set aside to cool for 4-5 minutes.Whisk egg into pan until blended. Add flour, baking soda and salt and stir until smooth.
- Fold in the chocolate chips and press dough into an even layer in the skillet. Bake until the surface is golden brown, but the center is still slightly soft, about 20-23 minutes.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: I got this recipe from my friend Amy, who blogs over at Rainy Day Cravings. She even has a step by step tutorial for mixing your cookie up in the skillet, so be sure to check it out!
Last Updated on 2019-09-05 by Danelle