SLOW COOKER CRANBERRY JALAPENO PULLED PORK — Pork roast is slow cooked with garlic, jalapenos and cranberry sauce, then shredded and served on hamburger buns in this tangy, flavorful twist on traditional pulled pork.
If you’re looking for a simple but easy meal to serve during this holiday season, I highly recommend this Slow Cooker Cranberry Jalapeno Pulled Pork.
I mean, there are still all those other nights you have to make dinner this time of year, and with all the extra cooking and baking going on, you need something that’s both easy and delicious.
Besides being delicious, this pulled pork has some holiday flair, thanks to the cranberry sauce, as well as a bit of heat from the jalapenos.
My family will gladly eat this version of pulled pork all year long, but I especially like serving it during the holiday season. Anything I can put in the slow cooker in the morning is a win for me when life gets busy.
And my family really does love this pork! My husband couldn’t stop raving about it, and everyone happily ate the leftovers the next day for lunch.
We really like serving this pork on ciabatta buns, because they soak up all of the delicious juices and flavors from the meat. But regular hamburger buns, or any crusty roll, will work just as well.
I usually put out the barbecue sauce in case people want to add that to their sandwich. Extra cranberry sauce is also nice served on the side–I just warm it up a bit first so it can easily be drizzled over the pork.
Yes, you can skip the step of searing the pork and sautéing the vegetables first, but only do that if you’re really, really pressed for time, because it adds so much color and flavor to this dish.
This recipe makes enough to feed a crowd, but the leftovers are great the next day, and they also freeze well, so you can enjoy it all again later.
Add a tangy, spicy twist to your dinner menu this holiday season with this Slow Cooker Cranberry Jalapeno Pulled Pork. Your family and friends will thank you!
Be sure to save this Slow Cooker Cranberry Jalapeno Pulled Pork recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Cranberry Jalapeno Pulled Pork
- Pork roast
- Cranberry juice
- Produce: jalapenos, onions, garlic
- Spices: chili powder, salt and pepper
- Cranberry sauce
- Brown sugar
- Canned chipotles in adobo
- Hamburger buns, for serving
For the pork
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (4-5 lb.) pork shoulder roast
- 1 jalapeno, diced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup cranberry juice
- Hamburger buns or rolls, for serving
For the sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) can whole berry cranberry sauce
- 3/4 cup ketchup
- 3 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 canned chipotle in adobo, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. Cut the pork into 3-4 large chunks and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add to the skillet and brown on all sides. Transfer to a lightly greased slow cooker.
- Add the jalapenos, onions and garlic to the skillet and sauté until tender, about 5 minutes. Add to the slow cooker with the pork.
- Pour the cranberry juice over the pork. Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, or until pork is tender and easily shredded. Remove the pork from the slow cooker and shred with two forks.
- Stir the ingredients for the sauce into the juices in the slow cooker. Return the shredded pork to the slow cooker and mix with the sauce.
- Cover and continue cooking and additional 20-30 minutes, or until pork and sauce are warmed through. Serve on hamburger buns or crusty rolls.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 14 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 86Total Fat: 1gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 189mgCarbohydrates: 18gFiber: 1gSugar: 13gProtein: 1g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe