SLOW COOKER GREEK POTATOES — Baby Yukon Gold potatoes are seasoned with garlic, lemon juice and Greek seasoning, then slow cooked until tender. Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon zest for the perfect side to any meal.
If you’ve never tried making potatoes in your slow cooker, you definitely should. And these Slow Cooker Greek Potatoes should be the first recipe you try!
These potatoes are absolutely fabulous, and so easy to make. And you can serve them with almost any meal. We make a lot of potatoes around here, and this recipe is one of our favorites.
Of course, you can’t get your potatoes quite as crispy in a slow cooker, but these still brown up beautifully, and they are so full of flavor, you won’t even miss that oven-roasted crispness.
With a generous sprinkling of Greek seasoning, plus the flavors of garlic, paprika, lemon and fresh parsley, these potatoes really are packed with flavor.
And all of that seasoning gives them a beautiful color too, which is one of the reasons this recipe works so well in a slow cooker. Even without the traditional browning, these potatoes are a beautiful golden brown.
I especially love this recipe when I’m making a big holiday meal or hosting a dinner party. It’s always great to free up space in the oven for the other dishes I’m cooking.
And yes, these potatoes are definitely worthy of being served for guests, and at holiday dinners and special occasions.
I think Yukon Gold potatoes are the perfect choice for this recipe, because of their smooth, creamy texture. But you could substitute any baby potato or fingerling potato with good results.
Just don’t forget to give your potatoes a stir two or three times while they’re cooking. Other than that, you can just dump everything in the slow cooker and walk away.
Be sure to save this recipe for Slow Cooker Greek Potatoes to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Greek Potatoes
- Produce: Yukon gold potatoes, lemons, garlic, parsley
- Olive oil
- Spices: Greek seasoning, paprika, salt and pepper
- 3 pounds baby Yukon Gold potatoes, halved
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon Greek seasoning
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1-2 teaspoons lemon zest
- 2-3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in the bowl of a lightly greased slow cooker.
- In a small bowl, whisk together butter, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, Greek seasoning, paprika, and salt and pepper, to taste. Pour over potatoes and toss to coat well.
- Cover and cook on high for 2-3 hours, or low for 4-5 hours, until potatoes are tender.
- Toss with lemon zest and parsley before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 217Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 2gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 8mgSodium: 648mgCarbohydrates: 37gFiber: 4gSugar: 2gProtein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Damn Delicious