SLOW COOKER KOREAN PORK BBQ TACOS — Pork is slow cooked until tender, then shredded and served in tortillas with a sweet and spicy sauce and simple cabbage slaw in these unique and delicious tacos.
If there’s one meal I can count on the whole family loving, it’s tacos. And these Slow Cooker Korean Pork BBQ Tacos were no exception!
In a house full of hungry teenage and young adult boys, it’s a sure bet that any kind of shredded meat served in a tortilla is going to get rave reviews.
And the slightly sweet, slightly spicy sauce is the kind of thing my family really loves. With the flavors of hoisin sauce, brown sugar, sriracha soy sauce and ginger, the sauce was the perfect accompaniment to the slow cooked pork.
It’s all topped off with a simple cabbage slaw made with a vinegar and lime dressing for a simple but delicious taco that is sure to get rave reviews from your family too.
In fact, we loved these tacos so much, I’m planning to try the recipe with beef too. It would probably even be tasty with shredded chicken.
I’ve recently discovered tiny street taco sized tortillas at my local grocery store, and they are now our tortilla of choice for taco nights at home.
Of course, larger tortillas will work just as well, and you can use either flour or corn, whatever you prefer.
This is the kind of meal you’ll find in my favorites file, because everyone cleans their plate, and I get lots of compliments on dinner!
If you’re looking for a new way to serve tacos, or a little something different for Taco Tuesday, give these Korean barbecue pork tacos a try. I think you’ll love them as much as we do.
Be sure to save this recipe for Slow Cooker Korean Pork BBQ Tacos to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Slow Cooker Korean Pork BBQ Tacos
- Pork roast
- Produce: garlic, onions, cabbage, cilantro
- Chicken broth
- Spices: red pepper flakes, ground ginger, salt and pepper
- Hoisin sauce
- Soy sauce
- Sesame oil
- Rice vinegar
- Brown sugar
- Sriracha sauce
- Lime juice
Slow Cooker Korean Pork BBQ Tacos
Pork is slow cooked until tender, then shredded and served in tortillas with a sweet and spicy sauce and simple cabbage slaw in these unique and delicious tacos.
- 2 - 2.5 pound boneless pork roast
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Tortillas, for serving
- 3/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons sriracha sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 4-5 cups finely shredded cabbage
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh chopped cilantro
- 3 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1-2 teaspoons lime juice
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Place pork roast in a lightly greased slow cooker, season with salt and pepper. Add garlic and 1/2 cup chicken broth. Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Meanwhile, whisk together ingredients for sauce. Combine ingredients for slaw and toss to coat. Refrigerate both until ready to use.
- Remove pork from slow cooker and shred with two forks. Add desired amount of sauce to pork and toss to coat. Serve in warm tortillas with slaw and/or your favorite taco toppings, and any remaining sauce.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 622Total Fat: 34gSaturated Fat: 12gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 19gCholesterol: 129mgSodium: 1270mgCarbohydrates: 41gFiber: 8gSugar: 21gProtein: 40g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
More Taco Recipes
Spicy Baja Shrimp Tacos
Breaded shrimp is coated in a creamy, spicy sauce, then served in warm tortillas with tangy coleslaw and green onions. A quick week night meal that will make you feel like your eating at your favorite taco truck!
Slow Cooker Caribbean Jerk Pulled Pork Tacos
Slow cooked shredded pork is seasoned with Caribbean spices and served in tortillas with fresh pineapple salsa.
Ranch BLT Chicken Tacos
Grilled chicken is served up in soft tortillas with bacon, lettuce, tomato and Ranch dressing in this crowd pleasing taco recipe.
Slow Cooker Pineapple Green Chile Pork Tacos
Slow cooked pork with a green chile pineapple marinade, served in warm flour or corn tortillas.
More Taco Tuesday Ideas!
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe
How is this Korean? Nothing Korean about it
I don’t see where you break up the ingredients for the sauce and the ingredients for the slaw.