And I love that the sausage adds that extra bit of protein that so important for growing boys.
This dish is pretty much a winner all the way around!
This will definitely be made again. Might even add some broccoli next time. Thanks! ~ Rachel
Tips for Cooking Pasta
Use a big pot: Cook pasta in a large pot–big enough to hold 6 quarts of water per pound of pasta.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Spicy Smoked Sausage Alfredo Bake
- Produce: garlic, fresh parsley
- Chicken broth
- Half and Half
- Spices: salt and pepper, cayenne pepper, red pepper flakes
- Parmesan cheese
- Mozzarella cheese
- Smoked sausage
- 16 ounces dry pasta
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2-3 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups half and half
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 cups grated mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1-2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 (12 oz) fully cooked smoked sausage, any variety
- Cook pasta according to package directions until just al dente; drain.
- Whisk in chicken broth until smooth, then stir in half and half.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese and 1 cup of mozzarella until cheeses are melted and smooth.
- Broil for 2-3 minutes, or until cheese is bubbly and golden.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 476Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 66mgSodium: 682mgCarbohydrates: 50gFiber: 2gSugar: 5gProtein: 19g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.