STICKY APPLE PUDDING CAKE WITH CARAMEL SAUCE — This warm, gooey cake is loaded with fresh apples and spices, then drizzled with homemade caramel sauce for the ultimate fall dessert.
Fall seems to be the season for all things pumpkin, but personally I’m a bigger fan of all things apple this time of year. And this Sticky Apple Pudding Cake with Caramel Sauce is a new fall favorite!
Thank you for posting this recipe! Love this cake! Super easy…super moist. This recipe is a keeper! ~ Dawn
I knew immediately that I had to have the recipe! This cake was absolutely heavenly!
Besides being sinfully delicious, this cake is one of those “old-fashioned” type recipes that uses simple ingredients and is easy to make. This apple cake is true down-home comfort food at its finest.
And we haven’t even discussed the caramel topping yet! It really is a must, but if you want to simplify and save time, you can use a jarred caramel sauce.
If you do use a store-bought sauce, I would recommend warming it slightly in the microwave, then serving it over the still warm cake. There’s something so wonderful about a sweet, warm dessert on a chilly fall evening.
We also topped our cake with a dollop of whipped cream. Vanilla ice cream would be another delicious addition. But when it comes right down to it, this cake is pretty amazing on its own.
You really don’t want to skip that caramel sauce though! But no matter how you top it off, this sticky apple cake is bound to be a much requested dessert all year long.
Be sure to save this recipe for Sticky Apple Pudding Cake with Caramel Sauce to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Sticky Apple Pudding Cake with Caramel Sauce
- Baking soda
- Spices: cinnamon, nutmeg, salt
- Brown sugar
- Whipping cream
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 large apples, peeled and grated
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Pinch of salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 9-inch square pan with cooking spray.
- With an electric mixer, cream sugar and butter together until light and fluffy. Add egg and vanilla, mix well. Mix in flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt until just combined. Stir in grated apples and mix well.
- Spread batter into prepared pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Meanwhile, make the caramel sauce: in a medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add brown sugar and whisk for 1 minute. Add the salt and cream and bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Boil for 4 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Allow to cool slightly.
- Serve cake warm with warm caramel sauce drizzled over the top.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Toffee Caramel Apple Bundt Cake
This fall bundt cake is loaded with fresh apples, pecans and sweet toffee bits, then topped off with a homemade caramel glaze.
Slow Cooker Apple Cobbler
Sliced apples are slow cooked with cinnamon and vanilla, then topped off with a crumbly biscuit style topping. Comfort food in dessert form!
Cinnamon Roll Apple Pie Bake
Two of your favorite fall treats--apples and cinnamon rolls--come together in this delicious apple bake. So easy and perfect for breakfast, brunch or dessert!
Apple Spice Baked Oatmeal
This warm, hearty baked oatmeal comes together in a snap with ingredients you probably already have on hand. The perfect way to start the day on a chilly fall morning.
Apple Oatmeal Muffins
These hearty muffins are loaded with oats, apples and fall spices. Perfect for packing in lunches, quick breakfasts or after school snacking.
Apple Crumble Pie
Traditional apple pie filling topped off with a pecan and brown sugar streusel.
Who Dished It Up First: This recipe was passed along by my mom.