THREE CHEESE GARLIC NOODLES — Spaghetti is tossed in a creamy garlic sauce with Parmesan, mozzarella and fontina cheese in this easy pasta recipe that even picky eaters love!
When it comes to feeding kids–even big kids–I find the best approach is to serve something simple like Three Cheese Garlic Noodles.
And although this dish is easy to make, with a buttery cream sauce, plenty of garlic and three kinds of cheese, there is nothing simple about the way these noodles taste.
If you love Alfredo, then you’re going to love this pasta dish. It’s basically a Parmesan based Alfredo sauce with some mozzarella and fontina cheese added in for good measure.
I mean, who would complain about more cheese?
Of course, you can always switch up the type of pasta you use in this recipe. It would work well with almost any kind of noodles, and you could also add a protein, like chicken or shrimp, to make it even more filling.
Either way, I like to finish this off with a sprinkling of Parmesan cheese and some fresh chopped parsley for color.
Fresh chopped basil would be wonderful too. And don’t even get me started on all the vegetables you could add to this recipe.
This is just a fantastic, basic pasta dish where the possibilities for adding new ingredients is almost endless. It’s the kind of thing I serve my family on a pretty regular basis.
Honestly, I think my boys would eat this every night of the week and not complain.
When you find a recipe that’s easy to make and gets rave reviews, it’s definitely a keeper. Hopefully you’ll love these Three Cheese Garlic Noodles as much as we do!
Be sure to save this Three Cheese Garlic Noodles recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Tips for Cooking Pasta
Use a big pot: Cook pasta in a large pot–big enough to hold 6 quarts of water per pound of pasta.
Salt: Generously season your cooking water with salt. A few teaspoons per quart of water is a good place to start. Although a little more or less is fine, depending on your preference.
Don’t overcook: Boil your pasta to until it is al dente, which means it’s cooked, but still a bit chewy. You’ll want to test your pasta for flavor and texture every 20 seconds or so during the last few minutes of cooking.
If you’ll continue cooking the pasta in a sauce, or baking it in the oven, remove the pot from the heat a few minutes before it’s done to prevent overcooking.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Three Cheese Garlic Noodles
- Spaghetti or other pasta
- Produce: garlic, fresh parsley
- Chicken or vegetable broth
- Spices: herbs de provence, salt and pepper
- Mozzarella, fontina and Parmesan cheese
- 12 ounces spaghetti or other pasta
- 6 tablespoons butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable broth
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon Herbs de Provence
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup grated fontina cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add garlic and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes. Whisk in flour.
- Gradually whisk in broth, milk, and cream. Cook, stirring frequently, until sauce is thickened. Add cheese and cook and stir until melted and smooth. Add more milk or broth if needed to achieve desired consistency.
- Stir in herbs de provence and cooked pasta. Toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Stir in parsley just before serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 601 Total Fat: 42g Saturated Fat: 25g Trans Fat: 1g Unsaturated Fat: 14g Cholesterol: 141mg Sodium: 656mg Carbohydrates: 33g Fiber: 1g Sugar: 3g Protein: 23g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Damn Delicious