PIZZA ROLLS — Stuffed with pepperoni and shredded cheese, these pizza rolls are a big hit with kids and grown-ups alike. They’re perfect as an appetizer or a main dish with a side of marinara for dipping.
Whether you’re looking for something fun to serve on a game day, or a kid-friendly meal the whole family will love, these Pizza Rolls are the answer!
Start with your favorite homemade pizza dough recipe, or use store-bought dough. My supermarket deli has fresh pizza dough available for purchase, and it’s such a great time saver.
The pizza dough from a can will work too. For me, it all comes down to how much time I have. These pepperoni filled treats can be totally made from scratch, or put together in a jiffy with pre-made ingredients.
On my last trip to the grocery store, I even found Pepperoni Minis by Hormel–cute little miniature pepperonis that are perfect for this recipe (no chopping required).
The point is, you’re going to end up with a fun, pizza inspired snack or meal that everyone is going to love!
This recipe is also great for getting kids involved in the kitchen. They’ll love rolling the dough, adding the pepperoni and cheese, and most importantly, they’ll love eating the finished product.
I’ve found that trying to add sauce to the rolls themselves is just too messy–think marinara sauce oozing all over when you try to cut your pizza rolls for baking.
So I always serve the sauce warm and on the side. And don’t limit yourself to just pepperoni and cheese. Feel free to adapt the recipe to include any of your favorite pizza toppings.
Be sure to save this recipe for Pizza Rolls to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Pizza Rolls
- Pizza dough
- Spices: garlic salt, dried basil
- Mozzarella cheese
- Parmesan cheese
- Marinara sauce, for dipping
- Pizza Dough (enough for 2 pizzas)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2 teaspoons basil
- 1 cup sliced pepperoni, chopped
- 2 cups shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Divide pizza dough in half. Roll each half into a rectangle, about 1/4 inch thick and 8 x 12 inches long.
- Sprinkle each half with equal amounts of garlic salt, basil, cheeses and pepperoni.
- Starting at a short end, roll dough up tightly to form a log. Slice into 1-inch pieces.
- Place rolls on lightly greased baking sheets. Bake for 10 minutes or until browned on top. Serve with warm marinara sauce for dipping.
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe, although I’m sure I’m not the first person to come up with the idea.