CHERRY TOMATO CRISP — Cherry tomatoes are tossed with olive oil, then covered in a breadcrumb and Parmesan cheese topping in this unique and delicious summer side dish.
I use the term garden loosely, because I’m not much of a gardener, but I always seem to have good luck with tomatoes. Especially cherry tomatoes.
And right about now, I have more cherry tomatoes than I know what to do with. So I’m constantly on the lookout for delicious new ways to use them.
Well, let me just say, this Cherry Tomato Crisp did not disappoint! I mean, most things are delicious covered in toasty breadcrumbs and cheese. I personally never met a breadcrumb topping I didn’t love.
I especially love that this dish is quick, easy and tastes amazing! In fact, I plan to plant more cherry tomatoes next year so I can make it more often.
If you have some larger tomatoes, I find it helps to cut them in half, so everything cooks evenly. And if your topping gets brown before the tomatoes are done, just cover it with some foil and cook it a few minutes longer.
This dish is a perfect compliment to almost any meal. I’ve even been known to eat it on it’s own for lunch. That’s how quick and easy it is to put together.
This crisp makes for an especially nice presentation if your tomatoes are a variety of different colors. But it’s wonderful using any kind of tiny tomato.
If you grow cherry tomatoes in you garden, you’ll definitely want to add this recipe to your collection!
Be sure to save this Cherry Tomato Crisp recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Cherry Tomato Crisp
- Produce: cherry tomatoes, fresh parsley, garlic
- White bread
- Parmesan cheese
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
Cherry Tomato Crisp
Cherry tomatoes are tossed with olive oil, then covered in a breadcrumb and Parmesan cheese topping in this unique and delicious summer side dish.
- Prep Time: 10 min
- Cook Time: 25 min
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 6 servings
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 1 pound (about 4 cups) cherry tomatoes
- 2 slices white sandwich bread
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley leaves
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a food processor, combine bread, Parmesan cheese, parsley leaves, olive oil, and garlic. Season with salt and pepper. Pulse until bread is very coarsely chopped, 4 to 6 times.
- Drizzle an 8-inch square baking dish with olive oil, or spray with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange cherry tomatoes in a single layer and sprinkle with the bread crumb mixture. Bake until crust is browned and tomatoes are tender, 20 to 25 minutes.
Keywords: tomatoes, breadcrumbs, parmesan
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Martha Stewart’s Everyday Food: Great Food Fast