BLT CORN SALAD — Featuring grilled sweet corn, fresh cherry tomatoes and crispy bacon, this simple salad is the perfect side for any summer meal or get-together.
If you’re looking for the perfect summer salad, look no further, because this refreshing BLT Corn Salad features all the best in-season summer flavors.
This salad really is so simple, with just a handful of fresh, quality ingredients, but is is so good! Personally, corn and tomatoes are some of my favorite summer flavors, so I really love this salad!
And of course, I love the bacon. The recipe calls for four slices, but there’s nothing to stop you from using five or six.
Like most salads, the measurements can easily be adjusted to use what you have. If you prefer three or more cups of salad greens, and a little less corn, go for it.
Although I can’t in good conscience recommend using less bacon.
You can make this salad without grilling the corn. Just cut it right off the cob and throw it in the salad. But if you have the time, the grilling adds tons of flavor.
You can also prep most of the components of this salad ahead of time. Then you just have to toss everything together when you’re ready to eat.
Bagged salad greens are another great timesaver. And when it comes to corn, I always splurge on the already shucked ears at the grocery store. Is it just me, or is shucking corn the biggest pain ever?
The point is, there are many ways to prepare this salad, whether you pick everything fresh from your garden, or use a few supermarket shortcuts.
Either way, this BLT Corn Salad is the perfect summer side dish. Enjoy!
Be sure to save this BLT Corn Salad recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make BLT Corn Salad
- Olive oil
- Produce: corn, cherry tomatoes, salad greens, basil
- Red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 6 ears corn
- 4 slices bacon, cooked crisp and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups spring mix or other salad greens
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- Preheat grill for medium-high heat. Brush the corn with one tablespoon of the oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for about 10 minutes, or until charred, turning occasionally during cooking. Let cool.
- Cut the kernels from the corn and add them to a large bowl, along with the bacon, tomatoes, salad greens and basil. Toss to mix.
- Whisk together the remaining tablespoon of oil and the red wine vinegar. Drizzle over salad and toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Serve immediately.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 317Total Fat: 16gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 11mgSodium: 714mgCarbohydrates: 40gFiber: 5gSugar: 8gProtein: 11g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Everyday Dinners