FESTIVE FRUIT SALSA WITH HOMEMADE CINNAMON CHIPS — Fresh berries and tart apples combine in this delicious fruit salsa that’s served with cinnamon and sugar coated tortilla chips. Perfect for any summer celebration!
You can certainly make it with different fruit, but this red, white and blue version is perfect for your July 4 celebrations.
The homemade cinnamon chips are really easy to make, but store-bought cinnamon and sugar pita chips are great too.
The fruit does produce a lot of liquid if it sits for long, so I suggest making it shortly before serving.
Everyone loves having a fresh, healthier alternative like this fruit salsa at parties and celebrations. Which is probably why whenever I serve this salsa, it’s always one of the first things to disappear!
Be sure to save this recipe for Festive Fruit Salsa with Homemade Cinnamon Chips to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
EQUIPMENT YOU’LL NEED TO MAKE THIS RECIPE:
Check out more of my essential kitchen tools.
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups diced strawberries
- 1 granny smith apple, peeled and diced
- Zest and juice of one small orange
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon strawberry jam
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Combine 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon and sugar in a small bowl.
- Cut each tortilla into 6 wedges. Arrange wedges in a single layer on 2 lightly greased baking sheets.
- Spray tortillas with non-stick cooking spray and sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar mixture (you may not use all of the cinnamon and sugar).
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, or until tortillas are golden brown, rotating pans once halfway through cooking time. Cool completely.
- Gently toss the blueberries, diced strawberries and apples in a medium bowl. In a small bowl, stir together the orange juice and zest, brown sugar, strawberry jam and cinnamon. Pour over fruit and stir to coat well.
- Refrigerate until serving. Serve with cinnamon chips
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe.