CANDY BAR PRETZEL BITES — Miniature candy bars are sandwiched between two pretzels, then popped in the oven until slightly softened. Then the little candy bar sandwiches are dipped in more chocolate for a festive touch.
I really don’t want to exaggerate here, but these Candy Bar Pretzel Bites may just be the best thing to ever happened to my holiday recipe collection.
You’ve probably seen all kinds of pretzel related treats on Pinterest, but these are by far my favorite! They’ve got a mini chocolate bar sandwiched in between two pretzels, then everything is dipped in white chocolate for a festive touch.
Make sure you buy the mini candy bars for these pretzel bites (the square shape), not the fun size (rectangular shape). My package had Milky Way, Milky Way Dark, 3 Musketeers and Snickers.
There were also Twix in the bag, but they’re not quite the right shape, so you get to eat those!
I had some fun holly and berry sprinkles that I added to my pretzel bites, but regular sprinkles will work just fine. In fact, you can even skip the sprinkles, or replace the white chocolate with dark.
Either way, these are going to disappear quickly! And they are so, SO easy–ready in about 15 minutes (minus the decorating).
These sweet and salty pretzel bites are the new, number one favorite holiday treat at our house for sure!
Be sure to save this recipe for Candy Bar Pretzel Bites to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Candy Bar Pretzel Bites
- Miniature candy bars
- White chocolate
- Holiday sprinkles (optional)
Candy Bar Pretzel Bites
Miniature candy bars are sandwiched between two pretzels, then popped in the oven until slightly softened. Then the little candy bar sandwiches are dipped in more chocolate for a festive touch.
- Prep Time: 15 min
- Cook Time: 5 min
- Total Time: 20 min
- Yield: 3-4 dozen
- Category: Holiday
- Method: Baked
- Cuisine: American
- 40-50 mini (square) candy bars, unwrapped
- 1 (12 oz.) bag square pretzels
- 8 ounces white chocolate, chopped
- Holiday sprinkles
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Lay 40 pretzels on a parchment lined baking sheet.
- Top each pretzel with a mini candy bar. Place in the oven for about 3 minutes, or until chocolate is soft but candy bars still hold their shape.
- Remove pretzels from oven and press a second pretzel gently onto the candy bar to form a “sandwich.” Let pretzel bits cool completely.
- Melt the white chocolate in a saucepan or in the microwave. Dip pretzel bites halfway in the chocolate, then add sprinkles as desired. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet to set.
Keywords: candy bars, pretzels
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from The Gunny Sack