CHOCOLATE PEPPERMINT CHEESECAKE PARFAITS — Layers of chocolate cake, peppermint mousse and whipped cream come together in these pretty and festive holiday parfaits.
If you love the flavor combination of chocolate and peppermint, then you’re going to love these Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Parfaits!
I think chocolate and peppermint may just be one of my favorite holiday flavor combos. And the two come together so beautifully in this easy-to-make holiday dessert.
You start with a boxed cake mix for the chocolate layer. If you want your dessert to be even more rich and decadent, try replacing the chocolate cake layer with brownies!
Next you add a layer of peppermint cheesecake mousse, along with some homemade whipped cream to finish things off.
I just love how pretty all of the layers look! Especially when you garnish your parfaits with chocolate shavings or crushed peppermint candy–or both!
You might typically think of no-bake desserts as something you’d serve during the warmer summer months. But I love anything no-bake for the holidays, because it’s the time of year my oven is working overtime.
Plus, fun desserts like this that don’t involve a hot oven are perfect for encouraging even the youngest little chefs to help out in the kitchen.
The end result, of course, is loved by kids and adults alike. Like I said, there’s really nothing better during the Christmas season than chocolate and peppermint.
If you want to prep some of this recipe ahead of time, you can bake your cake and make your peppermint mousse and whip cream, then layer everything in your dessert dishes just before serving.
If you’re looking for something easy but elegant to serve this holiday season, give these Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Parfaits. You won’t be disappointed!
Be sure to save this recipe for Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Parfaits to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Parfaits
- Chocolate cake mix plus ingredients listed on box
- Instant chocolate pudding mix
- Sour cream
- Cream cheese
- Peppermint extract
- Peppermint candies
- Heavy cream
Chocolate Peppermint Cheesecake Parfaits
Layers of chocolate cake, peppermint mousse and whipped cream come together in these pretty and festive holiday parfaits.
For the cake layer
- 1 box chocolate cake mix, plus ingredients listed on box
- 1 (3.9 oz.) box instant chocolate pudding mix
- 1/2 cup sour cream
For the whipped cream layer
- 2 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/3 cup sugar
For the peppermint cheesecake layer
- 2 (8 oz.) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon peppermint extract
- 1/2 cup crushed peppermint candy
- 1 cup whipped cream
- Chocolate shavings or crushed peppermints, for garnish
- To make the chocolate cake layer: combine the cake mix plus ingredients listed on the box, along with the chocolate pudding mix and sour cream, in a large bowl. Beat with an electric mixer on medium speed.
- Pour batter into a 9x13 inch pan and bake according to package directions. Cool completely and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Meanwhile, make the whipped cream by combining heavy whipping cream and 1/3 cup sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat with an electric mixer until stiff peaks form. Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Finally, make the peppermint cheesecake layer: beat the cream cheese and sugar with an electric mixer on high speed until fluffy. Mix in the peppermint extract. Fold in the crushed peppermint candy, then fold in 1 cup of the prepared whipped cream.
- Add a layer of chocolate cake cubes to parfait glasses or dessert dishes. Top with a layer of peppermint cheesecake, followed by a layer of whipped cream. Repeat layers once. Garnish with chocolate shavings or crushed peppermints. Refrigerate until serving.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 315Total Fat: 22gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 69mgSodium: 80mgCarbohydrates: 27gFiber: 0gSugar: 21gProtein: 2g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
Facebook | Pinterest | Instagram | Twitter
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
More Delicious Holiday Desserts
Eggnog Dessert Dip
Eggnog, vanilla pudding and whipped cream come together in this easy, delicious holiday dessert that you can whip up in 10 minutes or less!
Easy Oreo Peppermint Bark
Oreo cookies are coated in peppermint infused white chocolate, then sprinkled with crushed peppermint candy in this easy variation on peppermint bark.
Cream Cheese Snowball Cookies
These simple but delicious shortbread-like cookies with cream cheese always look so pretty on a holiday cookie tray!
No Bake Peppermint Cheesecake Mousse
This easy no bake recipe is a perfect last minute dessert for the busy holiday season. With a chocolate crumb crust and a creamy peppermint cheesecake mousse filling, it's sure to be a hit an any holiday celebration.
Candy Bar Pretzel Bites
Miniature candy bars are sandwiched between two pretzels, then popped in the oven until slightly softened. Then the little candy bar sandwiches are dipped in more chocolate for a festive touch.
Cherry Pecan Sliced Shortbread
Festive Christmas shortbread cookies with cherries and pecans. Freeze the dough until you're ready to slice and bake your holiday cookies.
Who Dished It Up First: This is an original recipe
Leave a Reply