MELT IN YOUR MOUTH POTATOES — Thick potato slices roasted in butter and herbs, then finished off with chicken broth and garlic.
As far as I’m concerned, you can never have to many recipe for cooking, roasting and baking potatoes. They are the one side dish I know my family will always love, and potato sides are usually easy to prepare.
Made these with glazed pork chops. Great side dish, they actually did melt in your mouth! My guys went for seconds so that’s a good sign for a keeper! ~ Margie
These Melt in Your Mouth Potatoes were no exception, and just as I expected, my whole family loved them.
These potatoes are roasted in a butter and herb mixture for a crispy outside, and then chicken broth is added towards the end of cooking to make the insides soft and tender.
Oh, and a few garlic cloves get thrown in towards the end too! So basically, these potatoes are just about perfect! They’re a great side dish for almost any meal.
I love that these potatoes are sliced into thick disks, rather than cubed (which is what I usually do when roasting potatoes).
It really helps crisp up the outsides, and somehow makes the potatoes seem a little extra special.
I’ve made this dish with Russet, red and Yukon Gold potatoes and each one has been wonderful in its own way. But if I had to choose a favorite, it would have to be Yukon Gold.
I like to garnish my cooked potatoes with a sprinkling of fresh parsley, but almost any combination of fresh herbs would be wonderful.
I love that this dish is fairly simple, but nice enough for company or even holidays. This is one recipe we’ll be making again and again.
Be sure to save this Melt in Your Mouth Potatoes recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Melt in Your Mouth Potatoes
- Produce: Yukon Gold potatoes, garlic, fresh parsley
- Spices: thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper
- Chicken broth
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
- Place oven rack in upper-middle position. Preheat oven to 475 degrees. Spray a large rimmed baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl, combine melted butter, thyme, rosemary, salt, and pepper.
- Cut potatoes into 3/4 to 1 inch thick slices, discarding ends. Toss potatoes in butter mixture. Arrange in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
- Roast potatoes for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and flip potatoes over. Return to oven and roast for an additional 15 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and flip one more time. Add the broth and garlic to the pan and carefully return to oven. Roast for an additional 10-15 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 319 Total Fat: 12g Saturated Fat: 7g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 4g Cholesterol: 31mg Sodium: 622mg Carbohydrates: 49g Fiber: 5g Sugar: 3g Protein: 6g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Cajun Roasted Potatoes with Creole Dipping Sauce
Potato wedges are coated in a mixture of Cajun spices, then dipped in a creamy Creole-style dipping sauce in this spicy side dish everyone will love!Get the Recipe
Greek Style Red Potatoes
Chunks of red potato are roasted in lemon juice, olive oil, spices and chicken broth in this flavorful side dish the whole family will love.Get the Recipe
Easy Lemon Herb Potatoes
Potatoes are boiled then tossed with olive oil, lemon and fresh herbs in this quick and easy side dish.Get the Recipe
Moroccan Roasted Potatoes
Potatoes are tossed with olive oil, cumin, turmeric, cinnamon, paprika and other seasonings in this uniquely spiced side dish the whole family will love.Get the Recipe
Browned Butter Roasted Potatoes
Browned butter and a hint of sugar give these roasted potatoes an extra special sweet and nutty flavor that everyone will love. The perfect side dish for any meal!Get the Recipe
Parmesan Garlic Roasted Potatoes
A simple yet delicious recipe for roasting almost any kind of potatoes, featuring garlic salt, fresh parsley and grated Parmesan cheese. The perfect side dish for almost any meal!Get the Recipe
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Spicy Southern Kitchen