GRILLED CAJUN SAUSAGE VEGGIE FOIL DINNERS — Smoked sausage and veggies are seasoned with Cajun spices, then grilled to perfection for a hearty, satisfying meal the whole family will love!
It seems like I’m always fixing foil dinners for my boys to take to Scout camp.
Then it dawned on me–you don’t need to go camping to enjoy a delicious meal like these Grilled Cajun Sausage Veggie Foil Dinners.
To say these foil dinners were a hit with my family would be a huge understatement. Four of devoured what I’m sure was enough food for six or seven people!
If you struggle to get your kids to eat vegetables, try serving them foil dinner-style.
My 12 year-old scarfed down veggies he would never touch under normal circumstances. In fact, he claimed he didn’t like corn until he tried this meal.
The great thing about foil dinners is that they are so versatile. So feel free to switch up the vegetables to your liking.
I definitely recommend using the grill to cook these. The high heat ensures that everything cooks up quickly and evenly.
You can use an oven at about 400 degrees, but it will take almost twice as long to cook the potatoes, which means some of your other veggies will be overdone. The grill is definitely the way to go if at all possible!
And of course, if you’re concerned about these being too spicy, you can always cut back on the Cajun Seasoning or omit the jalapeno.
Either way, these foil dinners are destined to become a family favorite!
Be sure to save this Grilled Cajun Sausage Veggie Foil Dinners recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Grilled Cajun Sausage Veggie Foil Dinners
- Smoked sausage
- Produce: potatoes, corn on the cob, bell peppers, jalapeno, onion, fresh parsley
- Olive oil
- Spices: Cajun seasoning, garlic salt, salt and pepper, parsley flakes, red pepper flakes
- 1 (13.5 oz.) fully cooked smoked sausage, cut into coins
- 5-6 small red or yellow potatoes, cut into 1/4 inch slices
- 3 ears corn on the cob, cut into 3 inch pieces
- 2 bell peppers, any color
- 1 small jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 large onion, choppped
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- Fresh parsley, for garnish (optional)
- In a large bowl, toss together the sausage, potatoes, corn cobs, bell peppers, jalapeno and onion. Add the olive oil and seasonings and toss again to mix well.
- Lay out 5-6 large pieces of heavy duty aluminum foil (about 12 inch square). Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray.
- Evenly divide sausage and vegetable mixture between foil squares. Fold foil over veggies and seal.
- Preheat grill to medium/medium-high heat. Grill foil packs for about 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender. Remove from heat. Open and garnish with fresh chopped parsley before serving, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 217 Total Fat: 15g Saturated Fat: 3g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 12g Cholesterol: 7mg Sodium: 872mg Carbohydrates: 19g Fiber: 2g Sugar: 5g Protein: 4g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Chelsea’s Messy Apron