GRILLED PINEAPPLE PEPPER JELLY PORK CHOPS — Pork chops are marinated in a pineapple and pepper jelly mixture, then grilled and served alongside grilled pineapple in this delicious dinner dish!
Pork and pineapple is one of my favorite flavor combinations. Adding pepper jelly takes it to a whole new level! And these Grilled Pineapple Pepper Jelly Pork Chops are a new favorite at my house!
Glazed with some pepper jelly, it’s even more amazing! With the meal, it’s almost like you get dinner and dessert in one dish.
I actually double the pineapple when I make this because everyone in my family likes it so much. Canned pineapple rings work great, and they’re easy to use.
You can use fresh pineapple too if you have some extra time and really want to add a special touch to your pork chops.
And you should be able to find pepper jelly alongside the other jams and jellies at your local supermarket.
You can use either boneless or bone-in pork chops in this recipe. Bone-in tend to be a little more flavorful and tender, but I still like to use boneless chops for convenience sake.
The key is to marinate your pork chops for at least 8 hours to ensure they’re moist and flavorful. If you can marinate them overnight, even better!
I haven’t tried it yet, but I’m thinking this recipe would work just as well with chicken too. This dish was such a hit with my family, I’m sure a chicken version would go over well too.
Serve these Grilled Pineapple Pepper Jelly Pork Chops with a green salad and you’ve got the perfect summer meal!
Be sure to save this recipe for Grilled Pineapple Pepper Jelly Pork Chops to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Grilled Pineapple Pepper Jelly Pork Chops
- Pineapple juice
- Pepper jelly
- Produce: shallots, fresh cilantro
- Olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- Pork chops
- Sliced pineapple
- 3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons pineapple juice, divided
- 1 1/3 cups pepper jelly, divided
- 1 shallot, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon olive oil, divided
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 4-6 pork chops (boneless or bone-in)
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices pineapple (canned or fresh)
- In a medium bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup pineapple juice, 1 cup pepper jelly, shallot, cilantro, 1/4 cup oil and 1 teaspoon salt.
- Place pork chops in a large, resealable plastic bag and pour in the pepper jelly mixture. Seal bag and refrigerate for at least 8 hours, or overnight.
- Remove pork from bag and discard marinade. Brush pork with remaining oil and season with remaining 1 teaspoon salt and pepper. Let stand at room temperature for 20-30 minutes. Preheat grill to medium heat.
- Grill pork until a meat thermometer reads 140 degrees, about 12-15 minutes, turning once halfway through cooking time. Remove from grill and let stand 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1/3 cup pepper jelly and 2 tablespoons pineapple juice. While pork rests, grill pineapple for about 2 minutes per side, or until grill marks form.
- Arrange the pork and pineapple on a platter and brush with the pepper jelly and pineapple mixture before serving.
Prep time does not include marinading.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 586 Total Fat: 20g Saturated Fat: 6g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 11g Cholesterol: 132mg Sodium: 808mg Carbohydrates: 61g Fiber: 3g Sugar: 51g Protein: 41g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Taste of the South