EASY HONEY MUSTARD CHICKEN — Chicken breasts baked in a sweet and spicy mustard sauce with fresh tarragon.
My kids are really great at choosing recipes. My nine year-old chose this Easy Honey Mustard Chicken for our dinner menu recently.
Every so often, I let my boys pick the dinner menu, and then they help me prepare the meal. My plan is for them to be pretty handy in the kitchen by the time they leave home.
I’ve been holding this recipe in my back pocket since I first read it and I made it today. It was delicious! I’m thankful I have leftovers, but am also planning already for when I can make it again. ~ Karen
One of the things that has surprised me the most is their ability to choose really great dishes. Some of our family’s favorite dinners and desserts are recipes my boys picked out.
And wow, was this chicken ever delicious! And so incredibly easy. Chances are you have most of the ingredients at home right now.
Not only was the flavor of the chicken fabulous, it was also tender and juicy. I probably should have made extra, because the entire family wished there was more.
Next time I’ll definitely add a few more chicken breasts to the pan, because everyone wanted seconds.
Add a green salad or some steamed veggies and you have a delicious meal that’s nice enough for company, but simple enough for a busy weeknight.
The fresh tarragon really makes the dish, so I recommend using it if at all possible. This one will definitely be going into the regular dinner rotation!
Be sure to save this Easy Honey Mustard Chicken recipe to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
Here’s what you’ll need to make Easy Honey Mustard Chicken
- Soy sauce
- Fresh tarragon
- Ground ginger
- 1/4 cup grainy mustard
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh tarragon leaves, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Spray a 2-3 quart baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- Combine the grainy mustard, Dijon mustard, honey, soy sauce, tarragon and ginger in a medium bowl.
- Place the chicken breasts in the prepared pan and pour the honey mustard mixture over top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through and the juices run clear.
- Spoon pan sauces over the chicken just before serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 6 Serving Size: 6
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 300Total Fat: 5gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 102mgSodium: 524mgCarbohydrates: 25gFiber: 1gSugar: 23gProtein: 38g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like:
Who Dished It Up First: Adapted from Foodie Crush.