This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Safeway. All opinions are 100% mine.
GARLIC BUTTER LOBSTER TAILS — Lobster tails are brushed with garlic and lemon infused butter, then broiled to perfection. This elegant dish is perfect for Valentine’s Day, and easier to make than you think!
If you’re looking for something easy but elegant to serve for your Valentine’s Day dinner, these Garlic Butter Lobster Tails are the answer!
Usually my husband and I make reservations at a fancy restaurant for Valentine’s Day, but with restaurants in our area having capacity limits right now, we’ve decided to celebrated with a romantic dinner at home.
Even though Valentine’s Day may look a little different this year, you can still celebrate by creating a delicious, restaurant-quality meal for your loved ones with fresh meat, seafood, floral, produce and bakery offerings from your local Safeway store.
Safeway really does have everything you need for a beautiful, simple and delicious Valentine’s Day celebration at home. My personal favorite is the chocolate covered strawberries available in the produce department.
These beautiful berries are perfect for a romantic dinner for two, and are hand-dipped right in the store. Just be sure to hide them away if you’re planning to serve them for a special occasion.
My teenager spotted these chocolate covered strawberries and devoured half of them before I even knew what happened. On the bright side, I don’t think he’s ever eaten so much fruit in one sitting!
Of course, a beautiful bouquet of roses is a must for any Valentine’s Day celebration, and Safeway has a variety colors and arrangements to choose from.
I love having fresh flowers on the table for any special occasion, but especially for Valentine’s Day!
Of course, Safeway has everything you need for sides, desserts and drinks too. I like to opt for a simple side like roasted or mashed potatoes, or some fresh steamed veggies, when I serve lobster tails.
And we usually opt for a steak to go along with our lobster. It works out perfectly–I prepare the lobster while my husband grills the steak, and we have an amazing dinner ready in about 30 minutes.
If you’re a little unsure about choosing the perfect steak, the butchers at Safeway are happy to custom cut your order and offer preparation tips.
And since it’s a special occasion, why not indulge a little with a dessert from the Safeway bakery?
They offer a variety of cakes, cookies and brownies, but the fruit tart is my husband’s absolute favorite. He’ll choose this dessert for holidays, birthdays, and for no special reason at all.
Sometimes he just goes and buys himself a fruit tart for no particular reason–he loves it that much! And since he usually shares, I’m not complaining!
No matter how you plan to celebrate Valentine’s Day this year, you’ll find the highest quality holiday essentials in the Denver area exclusively at Safeway stores.
I shopped at Safeway in my local area, but you can also find quality Valentine’s Day meal essentials at the Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Albertsons, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons.
Plus Safeway offers Grocery Delivery and DriveUp & Go™ for convenient ways to shop!
Be sure to save this recipe for Garlic Butter Lobster Tails to your favorite Pinterest board for later.
- 4 (6 oz.) lobster tails
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- Zest and juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon fresh minced parsley
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat broiler for high heat and adjust the rack so that it is 6-8 inches below the broiler.
- In a microwave safe bowl, melt the butter. Stir in the garlic, lemon juice and zest, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside half of the butter mixture for dipping.
- Place the lobster tails on a baking sheet. Using kitchen sheers, cut the shell down to the fin, then use your fingers to gently pry the lobster away from the shell, keeping it attached at the base of the tail. A spoon can help with loosening the meat from the shell.
- Gently lift the meat up and out of the shell, so it is resting on top of the shell. Season lobster with salt and pepper, then brush with half of the garlic butter.
- Broil for about 10 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the lobster is 145 degrees. Serve with remaining garlic butter, for dipping.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 211Total Fat: 23gSaturated Fat: 15gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 7gCholesterol: 61mgSodium: 257mgCarbohydrates: 2gFiber: 0gSugar: 0gProtein: 1g
Never miss a Let’s Dish Recipe:
If you love this recipe, you might also like: